View Full Version : The Cowboys (1972)

ethanedwards
January 26th, 2006, 04:10 AM
THE COWBOYS

DIRECTED BY MARK RYDELL
PRODUCED BY MARK RYDELL /TIM ZINNERMAN
MUSIC BY JOHN WILLIAMS
UNIVERSAL PICTURES

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/john-wayne/John%20Wayne/wayne14.jpg..http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/john-wayne/John%20Wayne/count38.jpg

INFORMATION FROM IMDb

Plot Summary
When his cattle drivers abandon him for the gold fields, rancher Wil Andersen is forced to take on a collection of young boys
as his drivers in order to get his herd to market in time to avoid financial disaster.
The boys learn to do a man's job under Andersen's tutelage, however, neither Andersen nor the boys know that a gang of cattle thieves is stalking them.
Summary written by Jim Beaver

Full Cast
John Wayne .... Wil Andersen
Roscoe Lee Browne .... Jedediah Nightlinger
Bruce Dern .... Asa Watts (segment "Long Hair")
Colleen Dewhurst .... Mrs. Kate Collingwood
Alfred Barker Jr. .... Clyde 'Singing Fats' Potter
Nicolas Beauvy .... Dan/Four Eyes
Steve Benedict .... Steve
Robert Carradine .... Charles 'Slim' Honeycutt
Norman Howell .... Cowboy #1 (Weedy) (as Norman Howell Jr.)
Stephen R. Hudis .... Charlie Schwartz (as Stephen Hudis)
Sean Kelly .... Stuttering Bob Wilson
A Martinez .... Cimarron
Clay O'Brien .... Hardy Fimps
Sam O'Brien .... Jimmy Phillips
Mike Pyeatt .... Homer Weems
Slim Pickens .... Anse Petersen
Lonny Chapman .... Preacher
Charles Tyner .... Mr. Jenkins
Sarah Cunningham .... Annie Andersen
Allyn Ann McLerie .... Ellen Price
Maggie Costain .... Phoebe
Matt Clark .... Smiley
Jerry Gatlin .... Howard
Walter Scott .... Okay
Richard Farnsworth .... Henry Williams
Wallace Brooks .... Red Tucker
Charise Cullin .... Elizabeth
Collette Poeppel .... Rosemary
Norman Howell Sr. .... Jim's father
Rita Hudis .... Charlie's mother
Margaret Kelly .... Stuttering Bob's mother
Larry Randles .... Ben
Larry Finley .... Jake
Jim Burk .... Pete
Fred Brookfield .... Rustler
Tap Canutt .... Rustler
Chuck Courtney .... Rustler
Gary Epper .... Rustler
Tony Epper .... Rustler
Kent Hays .... Rustler
J.R. Randall .... Rustler
Henry Wills .... Rustler
Joe Yrigoyen .... Rustler

Writing Credits
William Dale Jennings (novel)
Irving Ravetch (screenplay) &
Harriet Frank Jr. (screenplay) and
William Dale Jennings (screenplay)

Original Music
John Williams

Cinematography
Robert Surtees (director of photography)

Stunts
Floyd Baze .... stunt double (uncredited)
Fred Brookfield .... stunts (uncredited)
Jim Burk .... stunts (uncredited)
Tap Canutt .... stunts (uncredited)
Bill Catching .... stunts (uncredited)
Chuck Courtney .... stunts (uncredited)
Gary Epper .... stunts (uncredited)
Tony Epper .... stunts (uncredited)
Jerry Gatlin .... stunts (uncredited)
Kent Hays .... stunts (uncredited)
Robert 'Buzz' Henry .... stunts (uncredited)
Walt La Rue .... stunts (uncredited)
Glenn Randall Jr. .... stunts (uncredited)
J.R. Randall .... stunts (uncredited)
Larry Randles .... stunts (uncredited)
Chuck Roberson .... stunt double: John Wayne (uncredited)
Chuck Roberson .... stunts (uncredited)
Walter Scott .... stunts (uncredited)
Casey Tibbs .... stunts (uncredited)
Buddy Van Horn .... stunts (uncredited)
Henry Wills .... stunts (uncredited)
Walter Wyatt .... stunts (uncredited)
Joe Yrigoyen .... stunts (uncredited)

Trivia
Mark Rydell originally sought George C. Scott for the role of Wil Andersen because he despised John Wayne's views on the Vietnam War and other aspects of U.S. foreign policy. Ironically, some critics in 1972 believed that the way in which Wayne's character drafts the children out of school was a pro-war allegory for Vietnam.

John Wayne actually pleaded with the director Mark Rydell to allow him to play Wil Anderson.

Roscoe Lee Browne was urged by his friends not to work with the right-wing John Wayne. He ignored them and the two actors refrained from discussing politics during filming.

Richard Farnsworth plays a member of Asa Watts's gang, one of the first roles in which his face is actually seen on screen. Farnsworth had been a stuntman and extra since the 1930s.

The film debut of Robert Carradine.

The poem read in the school, starting 'Hail to thee blithe spirit/ Bird thou never wert/ ...', is 'To A Skylark' by Percy Bysshe Shelley

SPOILER: Shortly after the film's release, Bruce Dern received death threats for his character killing John Wayne by shooting him in the back.

SPOILER: When John Wayne informed Bruce Dern that Dern's character would shoot Wayne's, he told Dern that audiences would hate him for it. Dern responded by saying, "Yeah, but they'll sure love me in Berkeley."

Goofs
* Revealing mistakes: After burying Charlie Schwartz, he walks by in the next scene on his horse while Cimmaron and Mr. Anderson talk.

* Factual errors: On the DVD special features, images of Sarah Cunningham (as Annie Anderson) are used in the "Cast & Crew" information for Colleen Dewhurst.

* Revealing mistakes: When Mr. Anderson is tying up Crazy Alice for the cowboys to ride, the horse changes from a dark-maned horse to one with a lighter brown mane.

* Revealing mistakes: When Mr. Anderson is branding the calf during roundup, he only touches the iron to the calf once even though the brand on other livestock clearly shows two distinct O's. Before he brands the calf, one can clearly see that the iron is a single O.

* Revealing mistakes: It appears that the Double O ranch has two different brands. During roundup and later in the film, the cattle wear a brand of two distinct O's separated by about 12 inches. In the scene before they start the drive, one of the horses appears to have a brand consisting of two Os connected horizontally. This brand should be the same as the brand the cattle wear. In addition, the connected Os might be called a lazy 8.

* Continuity: In the scene where Anderson sends one of the boys back to find Mr. Nightlinger, Anderson is riding a pale Appaloosa. He rides ahead to talk to another boy, but is now riding a red sorrel.

* Continuity: In the schoolroom, John Wayne wipes the blackboard with his right jacket sleeve. When he leaves the schoolroom, there is no chalk on his sleeve.

* Plot holes: When Mr. Andersen is in the school, he puts a mark for Belle Fouche, SD on the board. He states his ranch is here, 400 miles away, and he draws a line headed NW of Belle Fouche. This would place him about Lewistown, MT. It is doubtful that Mr. Andersen would travel 400 miles to Belle Fouche, when Bozeman and Billings are both much closer, and in dire need of beef. The first big herd of cattle didn't come to MT until after the war (1866) so there was no way that they would have taken them east to send them further east.

Memorable Quotes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068421/quotes)

Filming Locations
Bonanza Creek Ranch - 15 Bonanza Creek Lane, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
Buckskin Joe Frontier Town & Railway - 1193 Fremont County Road 3A, Canon City, Colorado, USA
Castle Rock, Colorado, USA
Chama, New Mexico, USA
Eaves Movie Ranch - 105 Rancho Alegre Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
Galisteo, New Mexico, USA
Laramie Street, Warner Brothers Burbank Studios - 4000 Warner Boulevard, Burbank, California, USA
Pagosa Springs, Colorado, USA
San Cristobal Ranch - 90 San Cristobal Ranch Road, Lamy, New Mexico, USA
Stages 12,18 & 19 Warner Brothers Burbank Studios - 4000 Warner Boulevard, Burbank, California

Watch this Trailer

WWF3Iju3bSI

ethanedwards
January 26th, 2006, 04:12 AM
The Cowboys is a 1972 Western motion picture starring Duke,
Roscoe Lee Browne, Slim Pickens, A Martinez and Bruce Dern.
Robert Carradine makes his film debut with fellow child actor Stephen R. Hudis.
It was filmed at various locations in New Mexico, Colorado
and at Warner Brothers Studio in Burbank, California.
Based on the novel by William Dale Jennings, the screenplay
was written by Irving Ravetch, Harriet Frank, Jr., and Jennings, and directed by Mark Rydell

Not a great film, but not a bad one either.
Generally accepted by our members, has being probably the most violent
of all Duke's films.This apart it would have made a good family film.
One of few, were Duke gets killed, boo, hoo!!

Duke now familiar in his mature person role, without love stories,
he was looking more convincing than ever.
Now filling the father image role, to perfection, he was looking comfortable,
in these later films.

Bruce Dern, was just brilliant as 'Long Hair', and became the most hated man in the world!
and Roscoe, was fantastic as Jebadiah.
With fine performances, from Coleen,and all the boys,
particularly Clay O'Brien, who later went on to star in Cahill

It made for a very enjoyable film.
Besides the film opening to poor attendances,
reviews were favourable,

Rex Reed, of The New York Daily News wrote,

All the forces that have made John Wayne a dominant ,personality
as well as a major screen prescence, seem to combine in an unusual way,
providing him with the best role of his career.

Old Dusty britches can act

User Review

The best of the Duke for everyone
14 March 2005 | by George Mussman (GEM-20) (Washington State)

Obviously, John Wayne had a long and distinguished career in the movies. Of course, he was merely playing himself time after time. In this movie, that works wonderfully well.

He plays Wil Anderson, a man in his 60s with little else he can do but hire a classroom of boys to help with a cattle drive. This makes for a fun outing for anyone in any age group. Roscoe Lee Browne is well cast here. His scene with Colleen Dewhurst is very well played. Bruce Dern is great, too!

My son, who is a big fan of "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones", pointed out the John Williams music in "The Cowboys"; it is very good indeed.

"The Cowboys" is my choice for the movie to introduce people to John Wayne. It definitely makes you want to see more! Out of four stars, I rate it: ***.5

ethanedwards
January 26th, 2006, 04:13 AM
On The Cutting Room Floor

Shots of Duke. taking a fall off 'Crazy' Alice

Duke and A. Martinez, while checking the trail ahead,
encounter a bear.
The bear was not in the final print!

DukePilgrim
January 26th, 2006, 06:24 AM
The Cowboys is a brilliant movie a rights of passage movie with Duke as the boss leading a band of teenage cowboys on their first cattle trail.
It is significantly different from his usual releases around this period but is better for it.
It is a violent movie with a sad ending in that Bruce Dern kills the John Wayne character.

When I first saw this movie I remember it being a longer film with the boys swearing more and being definitely more brutal. I don’t know whether it has been sanitised or re edited by the studio to allow it to be screened on TV.

The DVD print matches what is currently seen on TV. I know Colleen Dewhurst and the girls had a bigger role in the movie which was cut before went to the cinema.

John Wayne felt so bad that most of Colleen scenes were cut that he promised her another role in a later film which turned out to be Mc Q.

Another gripe is the DVD print of this movie. Most DVD prints cause no complaints as they originate from good masters or have been cleaned up before release. This film I thought looked grainy and some wear was evident. Also, there are no extras such as a promo or documentary available.

I would hope that a special edition will be released at some point in the future.

Senta
January 26th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Hi DukePilgrim,
I've bought my DVD copy in Finland and there is some documantary "The Breaking of Boys and the Making of man" with the trailer.
Regards,
Senta

DukePilgrim
January 26th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Hi Senta

You are right there is a documentary. What did you think of DVD quality?

Mike

ethanedwards
January 26th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Hi,
I have this documentary, and it's very interesting.
Good shots of Duke, being interviewed.
It also explains, that half the 'Cowboys' were from
western, wrangling, type families
and the other half were actors, brought up in the city.
The two groups, had to teach other, the respective skills.
Good interviews with the director.
Overall a documentary worth seeing.

Senta
January 26th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by DukePilgrim@Jan 26 2006, 07:25 PM
Hi Senta

You are right there is a documentary. What did you think of DVD quality?

Mike

Hi Mike,
It is not as good as I expected. But anyway I'm glad that I have this disc. I have heard that 1 zone discs are always better.
regards,
Senta

DukePilgrim
January 27th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Hi Senta

Yes, hopefully at some point there may be a remastered version released or at least one that looks better. I will hold on to mine until then.

Apparently, Fort Apache when first released on DVD was really awful. Even the video was better in terms of quality. I have it as of part of the boxed set of John Ford/John Wayne films and whilst it is okay it not that great.

On another note I have a bootleg copy of Stagecoach which came from Far East which is better quality than the official release in this set.

It would be interesting to have a thread reviewing quality of DVDs and what extras come with them.

Mike

lawman in sc
January 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Mrs.Anderson says to Wil,just before they leave on the drive,"I'll think about you."
Wil says,"You do and you won't sleep."
I work the graveyard shift and a lot of nights before I leave for work,my wife and I have this conversation.It always makes her smile.

chester7777
February 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by ethanedwards@Jan 26 2006, 02:12 AM
Memorable Quotes *
Jebediah Nightlinger: I regret trifling with married women, I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards, I deplore my occasional departures from the truth.* Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday Sloth.* Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger, and those I am about to...

INFORMATION IMDb

One of our favorite memorable quotes from this movie, along with "We're burnin' daylight!"

Originally posted by ethanedwards+Jan 26 2006, 02:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ethanedwards @ Jan 26 2006, 02:15 AM)</div>
Generally accepted by our members, has being probably the most violent
of all Duke's films.* This apart it would have made a good family film.
One of few, were Duke gets killed, boo, hoo!!
Duke now familiar in his mature person role, without love stories,
he was looking more convincing than ever.
Now filling the father image role, to perfection, he was looking comfortable,
in these later films.
Bruce Dern, was just brilliant as 'Long Hair', and became the most hated man in the world!
and Roscoe, was fantastic as Jedediah.

25985[/b]
I agree with most of your assessment of the film, except for folks considering it the most violent. Not looking for any kind of argument here, but I think Big Jake wins out for that dubious distinction. However, the despicable way in which Long Hair kills John Wayne's character (shooting him in the back) definitely takes first place for worst way in which Duke's character died in any movie, and is very upsetting to watch for some.

<!--QuoteBegin-DukePilgrim@Jan 26 2006, 04:24 AM
The Cowboys is a brilliant movie a* rights of passage movie with Duke as the boss leading a band of teenage cowboys on their first cattle trail.
I haven't seen this movie for awhile, but if memory serves me correctly, many of the boys were very young, maybe 11 or 12, with few teenagers in the bunch. They were definitely boys, which is one of the things that lends to the poignancy of the film.

Deep Discount DVD (http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=John+Wayne+cowboys&search.x=0&search.y=0) carries both the movie by itself, as well as part of the John Wayne Signature Collection. Either way, the documentary you describe above is included.

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/6305133107/qid=1139199359/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-2966141-4147854?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130) also has the individual DVD, with the documentary.

Chester :newyear:

DukePilgrim
February 11th, 2006, 09:07 AM
I noticed play.com are selling a new version of The Cowboys.

Has anybody got a copy and are there any more details on the deleted scene that is included?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title...p=57&g=72&pa=sr (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=5897&p=57&g=72&pa=sr)

John Wayne has brawled bare-knuckled, gunned down desperadoes, fought jungle wars and piloted the skies. But 'The Cowboys' gives him one of his juiciest roles as a leather-tough rancher who, deserted by his regular help, hires eleven greenhorn schoolboys for a cattle drive across 400 treacherous miles.

When the dust settles, Wayne gives one of his best performances. In The Cowboys, Rex Reed wrote, "All the forces that have made him a dominant personality as well as a major screen presence seem to combine. Old Dusty Britches can act." Co-starring the equally memorable Roscoe Lee Browne, Colleen Dewhurst and Bruce Dern, 'The Cowboys' is exciting proof.

This version, never before released in the UK, includes a previously deleted scene. :huh: :huh:

ethanedwards
February 11th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your post and the link.
It will be interesting to know what the deleted scene is.
I'm sure someone will be able to tell us

DukePilgrim
February 11th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Hi Keith

HMV gives this synopis

This version, never before released in the UK, includes the previously cut scene where Wayne is shot in the stomach.

Running time of my existing DVD is 128 minutes

IMDB Database give 131 minutes yet this version says 133 minutes which is 5 minutes more than original release.

It is also same cover as USA Region 1 release.

I wonder is print and sound better?

Mike

ethanedwards
February 11th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Mike thanks,
Yes it appears, most documentation lists 128 mins,
although, my old VHS version is 121 mins.
So if the deleted scene, is as you say,
it means we all have to suffer Duke dying for 5 minutes longer!!
Oh dear, I don't know whether, we'll be able to stand that!!!!

Best Wishes,

DukePilgrim
February 11th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Hi Keith

Reading the reviews of the Region 1 version I think some of the extra minutes are made up a collage of trailers.

Best

Mike

DVD Features:
Region 1
Snap Case
Letterboxed
Dual Layer
Audio:
Dolby Digital Surround - English
Dolby Mono - French
Additional Release Material:
"Making Of" Documentary: THE BREAKING OF BOYS AND THE MAKING OF MEN
13 Theatrical Trailers of John Wayne Movies From the 30s Through the 70s
Interactive Features:
Interactive Menus
Scene Access
Text/Photo Galleries:
Production Notes

VISION: [ ] EXCELLENT [ ] GOOD [ X ] RESUSCITATE [ ] D.O.A.
"Dusty Trails." That's what the digital transfer of "The Cowboys" looks like. Delivered in the film's original 2.35:1 widescreen ratio, the transfer is a mess. It's grainy, the colors are muted and somber, and there are compression artifacts around every bend. I was so disappointed. At first I tried to pretend that the picture wasn't so bad, but it just got more irritating as the film continued. Some scenes look like they were shot through gauze, while others just fall apart. The blacks are an embarrassment, almost dissolving to dark gray in some scenes. John Wayne's corduroy jacket causes strobing during one early scene. The colors are dreary. The blue skies are washed out, the flesh tones look pale, and the earth tones seem lifeless. It looks like the original negative wasn't in the best condition. The images look sharper once the disc switches over to the second layer, but it's still not acceptable. It's watch-able, but it's not nearly up to the high standards one comes to expect from Warner Home Video DVD.

HEARING: [ ] EXCELLENT [ X ] GOOD [ ] RESUSCITATE [ ] D.O.A.
"The Cowboys" DVD features a newly remastered Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack in English and a French language mono soundtrack. The 5.1 Soundtrack is okay but no overly expressive. The rear speakers are under utilized, and only come alive with the occasional strain of John William's score or some low level ambient noise. The dialogue mix is strong, but the sound range isn't dynamic enough to discuss. I wasn't expecting much from the soundtrack, so I was pleased with the results.

ORAL: [ ] EXCELLENT [ X ] GOOD [ ] RESUSCITATE [ ] D.O.A.
Closed Captions in English and subtitles in French.

COORDINATION: [ X ] EXCELLENT [ ] GOOD [ ] RESUSCITATE [ ] D.O.A.
First and foremost, let me say that I love coming attraction trailers. I'd probably buy this DVD just for the thirteen theatrical trailers included that cover John Wayne's career at Warner Brothers. Aside from the original "The Cowboys" trailer, you get "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon," "Rio Bravo," "Stagecoach," "Blood Alley," "The Green Berets," "The Searchers" and many more. It's a John Wayne coming attraction film festival, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The DVD also features a behind-the-scenes documentary "The Breaking of Boys and the Making of Men." It's a short yet fascinating exploration of the process director Mark Rydell used to turn actors into cowboys and cowboys into actors. I especially liked the scene where Rydell lets one of the actors know he has gotten the part. It's a real, honest moment. There's also a brief history lesson on the cowboy, his place in history and film, plus star and crew production notes and bios, and handsome main and scene access menus. A nice package of extras for a DVD that isn't a "special edition."

ethanedwards
February 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Mike, I agree,
This is always a problem,
It's difficult to know, if they're listing the total running time of the DVD
or the movie running time!!
However, it seems before this new release, the official view,as we said,
is a movie time of, 128 mins,

DukePilgrim
February 11th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Hi Keith

I think it may be a slightly longer version but still hasnt been remastered properly.

I think I'll wait for a while until Play247 drop their price to the £8.00 mark.

I've noticed they tend to do that after a few months.

I see The Conqueor and Jet Pilot are there at £5.99!! B)

Mike

Popol Vuh
February 11th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Hi DukePilgrim.

I may be wrong, but I don't think this is a new release at all. I think it has been around a couple of years. I couldn't see any date of release anywhere, but play.com has had a "The Cowboys" DVD available for a long time. For some reason this hasn't been available at Amazon or other stores.

Regards
Popol Vuh

DukePilgrim
February 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Hi Popol

It is a different release from my original DVD from Play.com but it not a new release. I think it based on the Region 1 release which has the same artwork.

The only difference is the slightly longer running time which I think is the collage of 13 trailers plus this extra scene.

It's a shame they have not remastered the picture or got it from a better source. It a bit steep to pay £14.99 for essentially the same movie.

As I have said before in previous posts I was disappointed with film in terms of picture quality especially when projected as it looks washed out and has signs of wear. I would be keen to rebuy if it was enhanced.

The only reason I would buy (if price is reduced) is in the hope that it will be better than the copy I have now plus the extra scene and trailers.

Sometimes the transfer to PAL format is morse successful than NSTC transfer.

I really think if film companies are going to repackage they should at least give the fans something extra for rebuying the same title

They have done that with a number of JW Paramount movies recently which are now available in widescreen instead of academy format but are essentially the same.

Mike

Senta
March 2nd, 2006, 01:43 AM
Hi all,
What interests me - that episode were Duke, trying to hold the young horse take her ear in his mouth. Is it really helps? My horse stand very bad all veterinary vactination and I'm thinking what can I do about that?
Regards,
Senta :rolleyes:

chester7777
March 5th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Now here's a RUMOR (I repeat, RUMOR) that I find a little hard to believe, but perhaps someone here knows what it's all about.

I heard a story this morning, from a good friend, that in the movie The Cowboys, when it was released in Russia, that John Wayne ends up NOT dying in the movie. Where he heard that rumor I have no idea, and I can't imagine how that plot twist would even work, or how it could have been missed by this group of expert John Wayne buffs :D . Since we have at least one member over in Russia, possibly some light might be shed on this story.

Or if anyone else knows some other story that might have been mistaken for The Cowboys . . . we would certainly happy to hear about it.

Senta
March 5th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Hello Chester,
I have Russian DVD with Cowboys and it is exactly the same film with the same ending.
Regards,
Vera

chester7777
March 5th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Senta@Mar 4 2006, 11:25 PM
Hello Chester,
I have Russian DVD with Cowboys and it is exactly the same film with the same ending.
Regards,
Vera

Oh well, too bad, one could only Hope. . . .

CHANCE
June 21st, 2006, 02:15 AM
Just finnished watching this underated movie Brilliant!very clever film, in places, good action, real good baddy (Bruce dern)BOOO!, Brilliant music The duke should have gotten an award for his portrayal of Wil Anderson. Loved the TV spin off too.

joekiddlouischama
August 13th, 2006, 07:08 PM
The Cowboys (Mark Rydell, 1972) is definitely one of Wayne's best and most solidly developed late Westerns. We discuss the film (and its potential political implications) in great detail here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068421/board/flat/35993643

Also, does anyone know if John Ford made any contributions to the picture? Check out the following photographs:

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1207/Mptv...ath_key=0068421 (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1207/Mptv/1207/3981_0032.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0068421)

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1207/3981...y=0068421&seq=2 (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1207/3981_0033.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0068421&seq=2)

okiedokie
August 13th, 2006, 10:33 PM
The Cowboys is one of the finest movies I have seen. These children set out boys, but come home men. They learned of integrity, hardwork, betrayal, loyalty, the pain of losing a friend and losing a mentor, and the good and bad of human nature. These men took it upon themselves to right a wrong facing bad men and bad odds. Loved every minute of it.

dc65
November 13th, 2006, 02:57 PM
The Cowboys

Pretty good movie, though I think it's a little hard to believe that a rancher would take boys that young on a drive. I can see the older kids going, but some of them...

I think the movie has been tagged as violent just because of the subject matter, rather than what actually happens. John Wayne being shot certainly makes a lot of people think that it's worse than it is, and the fact that you see twelve year old kids killing people adds to that. However, overall I don't think that it is too violent at all.

I have to say that I am a big fan of Roscoe Lee Browne and thought it was great to see him in this film.

Now onto Bruce Dern. I can definitely believe that he would get death threats for his portrayal of Long Hair. But I thought the character was a little too much. He was too crazy, and not rational at all. Sure I understand that his main motive was stealing the herd and making some money, but I thought he was over the top, like some psycho Bond villain or something. However, the movie was still enjoyable. I knew that John died before I watched it so I wasn't shocked when he was cowardly gunned down. Very touching scene at the end where Cimarron tells the gravestone carver to write beloved husband and father on the tombstone.

I found the Overture, Intermission, Entr'acte, Exit music part a little weird.

DukePilgrim
June 14th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Has anyone had sight of the Deluxe Version?

It appears to be 5 minutes shorter than the previous release but I wouldn't put much faith on their times stated.

The deluxe one has a documentary on the Cowboys now and trailer.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3344222/The-Cowboys-Deluxe-Edition/Product.html

My question would be is print any better?

Mike

DukePilgrim
June 19th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Hi All

I got the Cowboys Deluxe DVD today.

Much improved picture and sound compared to previous release.

Extras are new documentary from Mark Rydell and the boys who starred in the movie.

Also. included is theatrical trailer and older promo documentary The Breaking of Boys and the Making of Men.

Much better release worth replacing older DVD.

Detailed review attached.

Mike

The Cowboys appears in an aspect ratio of approximately 2.35:1 on this single-sided, double-layered DVD; the image has been enhanced for 16X9 televisions. Across the board, the transfer looked great.
Virtually no problems with sharpness occurred. The movie consistently looked crisp and well-delineated. No signs of jagged edges or shimmering materialized, and only a sliver of edge enhancement was apparent. Source flaws remained largely absent, as I noticed only a couple of small specks in this essentially clean presentation.
As befit the western setting, colors looked low-key. They were always as full as the cinematography demanded, though, and they appeared very solid. The occasional brighter hues seemed vivid and rich within the normally arid confines. Blacks were dark and full, while shadows usually came across well. Some “day for night” shots were a little murky, but they didn’t cause substantial problems. This was a consistently strong image.
In addition, the Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack of The Cowboys satisfied. The scope of the soundfield didn’t dazzle but it worked much better than the average movie from 1972. Music always showed nice stereo imaging, and effects broadened matters a little. Though they didn’t boast much specificity, they opened the spectrum a bit and gave us some scope. A little localized speech cropped up through the movie. The music was the best aspect of the track, though, and the score also spread to the surrounds in an effective manner. Though the mix didn’t create a great soundfield, it seemed natural and fitting.
Given the age of the material, audio quality seemed strong. Speech sounded fairly natural, and I noticed no distortion or problems. The music appeared lush and lively, while effects were concise and clean. They presented good range when necessary. This was a more than competent mix for a 36-year-old flick.
A mix of supplements come to us for this “Deluxe Edition” of The Cowboys. We begin with an audio commentary from director Mark Rydell. He offers a running, screen-specific chat. Rydell discusses cast and crew, sets and locations, working with John Wayne, training the kids to be cowboys, composer John Williams, reactions to the flick, and other aspects of shooting the flick. My favorite stories involve the interaction between actor Bruce Dern and the kids as well as one about John Ford’s visit to the set.
Rydell offers an amiable chat and parses out decent details along the way. However, at times he just seems happy to watch the movie again, so a fair amount of dead air comes out here. That factor causes some problems, but Rydell provides enough good stories along the way to make this a worthwhile listen.
A new featurette called The Cowboys: Together Again runs 28 minutes, 33 seconds as it examines a recent reunion. Most of the material comes from a December 12, 2006 session with Rydell and actors A Martinez, Bruce Dern, Norman Howell, Jr., and Stephen Hudis. Actors Robert Carradine and Roscoe Lee Browne appear in separate interviews. Here we learn about the project’s origins, Rydell’s work as a director, casting kid actors and rodeo performers, shooting the flick and working with Wayne, acting details and various impressions of each other, locations, and other production elements.
I like the concept of “Together” and think the show includes just enough useful information to succeed. Inevitably, some material repeats from Rydell’s commentary, and we also find a fair amount of fuzzy nostalgic happy talk we expect from this kind of retrospective. Nonetheless, the piece presents some decent notes and proves enjoyable.
In addition to the movie’s trailer, we find a vintage featurette. The Breaking of Boys and the Making of Men goes for eight minutes, 49 seconds. We view Rydell’s casting sessions and see the boys’ training as well as a few other aspects of the shoot. The elements from the production help make this a fun piece. We get many nice glimpses of the filmmaking processes, so it adds up to more than just the usual promotional program.
Though I went into The Cowboys with low expectations, the result proved quite enjoyable. A stark, honest look at an unusual cattle drive, the movie managed to create a memorable and emotional experience. The DVD boasted excellent picture and audio plus a mix of reasonably interesting extras. This is a good DVD for a fine film.

DakotaSurfer
June 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I've had mine for awhile and I just glanced at the time on mine and it says 135 min. Not sure what the old time was but I agree the times unless significant are irrelevant. A remake like this they aren't going to deduct movie length, they may add some but I doubt they'd every remove anything.

gt12pak
June 19th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I've always heard that there were scenes that were in the movie that got deleted on my version of the dvd. Have there been any new scenes in this version?

DakotaSurfer
June 20th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Not sure... IMDB says 131 min and the new release says 135 minutes. I should run them together and see what's in the extra 4 min. I have both and it's not hard to do.

DukePilgrim
June 20th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I think the only footage that was cut was when the boys find the Colleen Dewhurst and her good time girls. This footage was cut for TV showings but is on most DVD Releases.

I think some of the language was also trimmed for TV viewings as well

This release has an Overture of The Cowboys Theme before the film starts so I think any additional footage comes from there.

Mike

DakotaSurfer
June 20th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I'm going to be running both movies now to see if I can find the difference. Give me a few to sync the movies. I have three copies of The Cowboys. The two main copies, both released by Warner Bros. are both identical. They have a 2 min 30 sec Overture and a 1 min 26 sec Exit Music. The shorter one is only different because it doesn't have the 3 min 56 sec of music so that's your 131 minutes and 135 minutes difference. The only difference is the older movie started with the old Warner Bros. logo and the new release had the new WB logo. All the chapters are the same as well.

I had to watch the fight scene, I'd have to pick that as the best/worse fight scene. Especially since the vermin ridden SOB that shoots him in the left arm, right thigh, right arm, and two times in the belly but gets what;s coming to him... I wouldn't have cut him free, just let the horse run off and it probably would have broke his back. That's a hard part to watch.

I was going to ask, did everyone get the same set location pictures also? Here are the ones I got with the new DVD: (I watermarked them so don't spread them around...)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys1.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys1.jpg).....http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys2.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys2.jpg).....http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys3.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys3.jpg)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys4.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys4.jpg).....http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys5.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys5.jpg).....http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys6.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys6.jpg)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys7.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys7.jpg).....http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/th_Cowboys8.jpg (http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/CJane_59/Duke/Cowboys/Cowboys8.jpg)

dukefan1
July 9th, 2007, 03:40 AM
I just thought that I would add this for your enjoyment. I always loved this conversation between Anse and Will. Enjoy!

Mark

Click the link to hear the audio file.

http://www.alljohnwayne.com/cowboys1.mp3

chester7777
July 21st, 2007, 08:58 AM
Mark, thanks for that clip - definitely good for a laugh!

I recently read an Associated Press article about Bruce Dern (the guy we love to hate because he "killed" John Wayne), and found it online (http://www.ohio.com/lifestyle/books/8711372.html), for your reading pleasure. It was actually an interesting article.

Hondo Duke Lane
July 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
A pretty good interview, and I bet the book is good too.

http://hosted.ap.org/photos/2/2b8d8703-0e74-43e7-b67e-1886b62a04c3-small.jpg

I might have to read that book. I didn't know all that about him.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

chester7777
July 23rd, 2007, 02:26 AM
I might have to read that book. I didn't know all that about him.
Who'da thunk three or four years ago that we'd be interested in reading Bruce Dern's book :headbonk: ?

DukePilgrim
July 23rd, 2007, 04:25 AM
Sounds like an interesting book

Mike

chester7777
September 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'm trying to catch up on sharing posters.

Here are two -

I like this second one better, because it catches the essence of the film -

ColeThornton
September 22nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
This was the Duke's last really great film, just superb in every way.

Lt. Brannigan
September 25th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I disagree, I feel that The Shootist was his last really great film. Cowboys had a few pacing and plot problems to me.

ColeThornton
September 26th, 2007, 03:09 AM
I agree that The Shootist was a great performance by Duke, but it felt more like a TV movie. It was the same with Steve McQueen's last film, The Hunted.

SXViper
January 18th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I just watched the special features on this movie and there was a particualr story that the director Mark Rydell told which I thought was funny.

It was when they were having lunch together and during the lunch Duke got up to go to the bathroom. Upon his return his 1 pant leg was wet on the side all the way down. Mark asked Duke, "What in the world happened?" Duke looked and him and sighed, "It happens to me alot in the bathroom, everytime I am standing there and some guy turns to me and says, your John Wayne!!" and he made a jester as to show the gentelmen peeing on Duke's leg!!! I had never heard that story before and thought it was quite funny.

CowgirlAlane
April 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
The Cowboys and The Shootist are two of my favorite John Wayne but I just can't bring myself to watch these again.I can't stand to see my Man of all men die !

dukefan1
April 9th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Here's an example of the book. A great read!

Mark

http://www.dukewayne.com/imagehosting/2147fcb4646bce2.jpg

William T Brooks
May 22nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Many people think that this Film was one of John Wayne's Best Films !
:wink_smile:
I like this Film because after spending most of my life In and Out of Ranching it shows Ranching pretty much what as it was in the Old Days !!
:teeth_smile:
I have a hard time watching the Film because Duke gets Killed in the Last part of the Film !!!
:closedeyes:
Chilibill
:cowboy:

XrspCEl-A1I

William T Brooks
May 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
In this clip from the Film "The Cowboys" Duke is getting the Young Boys ready to be Cowboys for the Trail Drive !
:fear:
Chilibill

veugHpeGu-E

William T Brooks
May 23rd, 2009, 06:12 AM
More of making of the Young Boys into Cowboys !!!
Chilibill

FeG1cronS8k

tsJP2rWN_Pk

William T Brooks
May 23rd, 2009, 05:20 PM
The next Film Clips of "The Cowboys" !
Chilibill

zbV7-TFkYQo

zr53zZc-IlU

William T Brooks
May 24th, 2009, 03:11 PM
The next Film Clips of "The Cowboys"
Chilibill

kak8m0wIS2Q

6VVsas95hNQ

DukePilgrim
May 24th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Great film William as you say it is hard to take Duke getting killed but it was a strong film and role for him.

Mike

Hondo Duke Lane
May 24th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I'll have to pull this movie out and watch it again. It is a strong movie, and a great message. I don't rate this movie high on my top Duke movies, but it is one I do have great respect for. How did Duke like making this movie?

Cheers :cool:

William T Brooks
May 25th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Here is more of "The Cowboys" !
Chilibill
:wink:

28rAsb3-YdE

WlRYMroMjbI

William T Brooks
May 26th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Things start to go Bad in The Cowboys Film !
:gah:
Chilibill

5D4eTEdOWOA

William T Brooks
May 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
In the next Two Clips things go from Bad To Worst for the Part Duke is Playing in the film
"The Cowboys" !
:fear2:
And the Young Cowboys and The Cook Must Move on, and that is just what they do !!
:angry:
When They were doing this Part of The Film, Duke Told "Bruce Dern" that was Playing The Bad Guy, "You Know That After Playing This Bad Guy and Doing Me In, The Fans are Going To Hate You" and Bruce Dern Said "But They Are Going To Love Me In Berkeley" and that is Just what Happened, Bruce was a Bad Guy From That Time On !!!
:evilgrin:
Chilibill

JaaymTFz8R8

qleenWy2P-k

Hondo Duke Lane
May 27th, 2009, 11:58 PM
It goes to show you how well Duke can work with kids and how well he reaches out to them. An excellent movie. I am about the same age as those boys in the movie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

William T Brooks
May 28th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Here are the last Film Clips of
"The Cowboys"
:teeth_smile:
The Young Cowboys and The Cook Complete The Cattle Drive !
Chilibill

8cDb-WBuTGo

Oy_S-vBeSYs

Tbone
May 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I understand that Bruce Dern actually got death threats for the scene where he kills Duke's character.

SXViper
May 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I understand that Bruce Dern actually got death threats for the scene where he kills Duke's character.

I believe that is correct. There is a documentary on the DVD that I believe Bruce talks about that scene and what the fallout was afterwards. Might want to check that out if you have a chance.

William T Brooks
August 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Duke said that He Told Bruce Dern that would be The End of Him in Films, But Bruce told Duke "I Don't Care I want To Be In Your Film !!!"
Chilibill

William T Brooks
August 5th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Here is What Got Duke Shot In The Back by
Bruce Dern !!!
:sad:
Chilibill

tv_6KH1nP2w

William T Brooks
August 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Then He Kills Duke !!!
:vomit:
Chilibill
bqxHhnUJnMI

firstrebel
August 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Sorry, can't watch it.

Bob

DukePilgrim
August 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I dont know about death threats but director Douglas Trumbull reckoned it killed the box office potential for Silent Running starring Bruce Dern. It came out six months after The Cowboys and the memory was still fresh in the public's mind.

Dern says in his book that the shooting of Duke in the back wasnt planned that way but developed on the day of shooting and that it is the only time he watched a film in the cinema on its release and the audience gasped.

chester7777
August 17th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Mark,

Was this a novelization of the movie, or was the movie based on the book?

Somehow, I missed your post the first time around.

Mrs. C :angel1:

dukefan1
August 17th, 2009, 11:24 AM
The movie was based on the book, Sue. There are slight differences, but they are close in story. One change, and I'm sure Duke probably had a say in it, is when they come across the "soiled doves" in the wagon on the trail. In the book, Nightlinger decides that the boys are doing a man's job, and a dangerous one at that, and allows them to all "visit" the wagon. All in all, it's a good read. You can still find copies on ebay from time to time.

Mark

William T Brooks
August 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM
That was Just About The End of Bruce Dern in the Films after "The Cowboys" !!!
:yeaahh:
Bill

William T Brooks
August 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM
In this Film Clip it Shows You Not To Screw With Duke's Boys, and Bruce Has a Very Bad Ending !!!
:hyper:
Chilibill

8cDb-WBuTGo

lasbugas
March 17th, 2011, 02:31 PM
http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/duke_146.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=6229&u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/duke_147.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=6230&u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/duke_154.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=6240&u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/duke_155.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=6241&u=11975903)

http://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/11/97/59/03/duke_297.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=4585&u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/wayne879.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3357&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/wayne828.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3283&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/wayne704.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3102&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/wayne459.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2569&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/wayne414.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2450&amp;u=11975903)

BILL OF PA
March 17th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I have known people who are not big John Wayne fans, but love this movie. This is not your every day western.

lasbugas
April 2nd, 2011, 01:50 AM
Lobby Card Mexicaine

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w14.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3098&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w15.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3099&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w16.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3100&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w17.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3101&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w18.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3112&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w19.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3113&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w20.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3114&amp;u=11975903)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/john_w21.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3115&amp;u=11975903)

lasbugas
May 5th, 2011, 05:56 AM
http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/11/97/59/03/a_duk233.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=7965&u=11975903)

http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/11/97/59/03/th/a_duk232.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=7964&u=11975903)

lasbugas
June 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM
http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/11/97/59/03/a_duk591.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=8362&u=11975903)

http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/11/97/59/03/th/a_duk590.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=8361&u=11975903)

lasbugas
November 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/97/59/03/a_duk539.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=8961&u=11975903)

lasbugas
November 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/97/59/03/a_duk568.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=8997&u=11975903)

lasbugas
November 10th, 2011, 06:00 AM
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/97/59/03/a_duk584.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=9013&u=11975903)

lasbugas
November 27th, 2011, 03:10 AM
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/97/59/03/a_duk660.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=9105&u=11975903)

wtrayah
November 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
The Cowboys was his last and greatest movie of the seventies! The Shootist was good, but hard for me to watch.

lasbugas
December 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/97/59/03/a_duk870.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=9337&u=11975903)

lasbugas
December 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/97/59/03/a_duk884.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=9351&u=11975903)

Dooley
July 28th, 2012, 06:06 PM
The Cowboys.

I going to unleash the wrath of the forum with this but I still don't really 'get' this film! It's a good Duke film, don't get me wrong, but not one I want to go back to over and over again.

Gorch
July 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
No wrath from me at all my friend, and this is a great film for Wayne, but I think the individual scenes are better than the sum total of the movie. I agree with some critics that turning a bunch of teenage boys into avenging angels of death is not the life lesson that should have been imparted.
Granted, Anderson did instill in them that the job had to be done, but nowhere did he teach them tactics, revenge and ambushing. They seem to have been born with those qualities and, to me anyway, that's the weakness of the story.

We deal in lead, friend.

Hawkswill
July 28th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Oh, dear....got mine there Peter. Cowboys is one of my very favorites. It warms me through and through watching the relationships develop between all involved, (except for Dern's group, of course). Maybe I am still a "kid", albeit a very old one, at heart and you are a sure to heck grown up......maybe that is the difference. But watching those kids punching those cows, the two men teaching them, the love and respect developing......just awesome to me.

As for my other friend down there...........would you rather Duke have "gone out" with a go get 'em type movie? Kills me too, every time I watch it.....cry through most of it.....crying right now thinking about it. But, it should "kill" us and make us cry.......it was his last performance for us. How else would you have liked Duke to end? Sorry, I believe he really KNEW deep down in his heart. He made a movie that showed his fans his true spirit.....fighting until the end. KPKEITH Don't be mad, guys.

lasbugas
October 13th, 2012, 01:42 AM
http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/11/97/59/03/a_duk272.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=7694&u=11975903)

lasbugas
October 13th, 2012, 05:24 AM
http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/11/97/59/03/a_duk270.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=8003&u=11975903)

Hawkswill
October 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi Larry, thanks again over and over for all these wonderful pictures.

Just wondered, this last one says Cowboys. It isn't really clear, but it looks like the Train Robbers to me. Is that possible?

Thanks so much again, Keith

lasbugas
October 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hi Larry, thanks again over and over for all these wonderful pictures.

Just wondered, this last one says Cowboys. It isn't really clear, but it looks like the Train Robbers to me. Is that possible?

Thanks so much again, Keith

I actually changed the picture space.

Dooley
October 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I've decided to bite the bullet and get The Cowboys on blu ray.
Everyone seems to hold it in high regard so you can't all be wrong, lol!
I know the transfer is a corker so ill do my duty and watch it again and see what I get out of it.

Hawkswill
October 13th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I've decided to bite the bullet and get The Cowboys on blu ray.
Everyone seems to hold it in high regard so you can't all be wrong, lol!
I know the transfer is a corker so ill do my duty and watch it again and see what I get out of it.

Oh, I am so happy for you Peter! OPEN your mind. Be the man you are, and you will love it. Oh sure, I cry just thinking about it. So what? You can cry if you want to......only men who are not sure they ARE men can't cry! And we already know you are a man....you DID put the Island in the Sky Poster in your Man's Room didn't you......should have asked for a photo of it there!

Just pay attention to the development of those boys into semi-men and the change in Will's attitude, oh, and the help that Roscoe gave him to change.

I once took a cattle drive three days with friends of friends from Louisiana. First, they had to make sure I could stay aboard a cutting horse......NOT like normal horses, LOL although I am a DANG good rider. If a cow takes off at a right angle direction....so does the horse....no cue from you! Can't tell you how many times I ALMOST got left sitting on the ground! Never had saddle sores after many hours of riding............thought I would DIE the next day and we had two more days of driving, LOL! Don't know how, but the next two days were like magic to me. I had learned to anticipate what my horse would do, I was whooping and waving my lariat like all the others......I thought just WHO the HECK I was! Give me a chance...just a chance to go on a REAL drive like that one....not one of these fakey things....and I will be there.

Anyway, the kids in the movie had to learn all of that. The acting kids had to learn what the rodeo kids could teach them, and the rodeo kids had to learn to act! Hope your blue-ray has the extras on it....explains the making of the movie. All of the kids admitted crying when Will lay dying. Some of them said they had finished though by the time the shooting got around to them.

Wish you had told me this yesterday. Spent about an hour and a half doing screen shots of the old drab Cowboy film I had in case someone wants a composite like The Shootist. I am for SURE going to do one of all the boys, some of them when Will took special attention to them.

If you REALLY watch and pay attention and don't love every one of those kids and Roscoe, and Will...........something is WRONG with you Peter Dooley! KP

Dooley
October 14th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Oh, I am so happy for you Peter! OPEN your mind. Be the man you are, and you will love it. Oh sure, I cry just thinking about it. So what? You can cry if you want to......only men who are not sure they ARE men can't cry! And we already know you are a man....you DID put the Island in the Sky Poster in your Man's Room didn't you......should have asked for a photo of it there!

Just pay attention to the development of those boys into semi-men and the change in Will's attitude, oh, and the help that Roscoe gave him to change.

I once took a cattle drive three days with friends of friends from Louisiana. First, they had to make sure I could stay aboard a cutting horse......NOT like normal horses, LOL although I am a DANG good rider. If a cow takes off at a right angle direction....so does the horse....no cue from you! Can't tell you how many times I ALMOST got left sitting on the ground! Never had saddle sores after many hours of riding............thought I would DIE the next day and we had two more days of driving, LOL! Don't know how, but the next two days were like magic to me. I had learned to anticipate what my horse would do, I was whooping and waving my lariat like all the others......I thought just WHO the HECK I was! Give me a chance...just a chance to go on a REAL drive like that one....not one of these fakey things....and I will be there.

Anyway, the kids in the movie had to learn all of that. The acting kids had to learn what the rodeo kids could teach them, and the rodeo kids had to learn to act! Hope your blue-ray has the extras on it....explains the making of the movie. All of the kids admitted crying when Will lay dying. Some of them said they had finished though by the time the shooting got around to them.

Wish you had told me this yesterday. Spent about an hour and a half doing screen shots of the old drab Cowboy film I had in case someone wants a composite like The Shootist. I am for SURE going to do one of all the boys, some of them when Will took special attention to them.

If you REALLY watch and pay attention and don't love every one of those kids and Roscoe, and Will...........something is WRONG with you Peter Dooley! KP

Wow Keith. Doing the real thing must have been amazing!
It's the one thing us UK guys can never duplicate. I ride horses but its nothing compared to that! I'm very envious!
I only bought The Cowboys when I posted on the forum, didn't know beforehand, impulse buy as it was starring at me and cheap! P:wink_smile:

Big Duke
October 14th, 2012, 05:25 AM
I may have over looked it. but this my intrest some one that Clay O Brien is now and has been most of his adult life a professional team roper on professional rodeo's all over the united states, if i can find a photo I will pass it on to all

Hawkswill
October 14th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Wow Keith. Doing the real thing must have been amazing!
It's the one thing us UK guys can never duplicate. I ride horses but its nothing compared to that! I'm very envious!
I only bought The Cowboys when I posted on the forum, didn't know beforehand, impulse buy as it was starring at me and cheap! P:wink_smile:

One of the neatest things in my life. But, I sure do know how those boys felt after the first day. The owner and trail boss said he wouldn't cut me any slack because I was a woman, and he sure didn't. I also roped a calf I couldn't get out of a draw. Yep, my cousin's husband was a rodeo guy...specialty was calf roping. I visited a few days and besides the horses, he had the cattle horns that moved, and the back leg contraption of the calves....you rope them that way if you want to turn them over for competition. You have to BOUNCE the noose off the ground and have it come up over their back feet......then close the noose before it can get down to the ground again. I got it FIRST time and he couldn't beLIEVE it. Took me a whole 'nother day to do it again, LOL! Beginner's luck.
But, the one on the drive was just a throw around his head so I could make him follow me out of the draw.

Riding horses is great. I now ride Carat only bareback, and he has never even seen a bit. But, having all that gear on the trail and actually moving cows...can get dangerous as you will see in The Cowboys....that is the real thing. Our rides had always been out in the country over my uncle's huge farm and those of his neighbors. Lots of banks to slide down into rivers and swim across, open pastures, woods to get through without getting scraped off or getting your leg pinned, wild gallops over even terrain, hills that went almost straight up.....and then back down again! I rode on a "made up" trail once.....never again. Most boring thing I have ever done, LOL. We usually camped out from Friday after school until early Sunday morning. We would gallop back to the stable, walk the horses for about a half hour, groom them really well, feed them and then put the western gear away and tack them up with English gear for my uncle and his friends. They got there right about the time we finished, LOL....and off they went on their Sunday ride. But, just because Uncle Floyd rode English most of the time, didn't mean he wasn't one heck of a rider. Once, when he was 78, he was racing another younger fellah and his horse mistepped and penned him.....broke his hip and thank goodness, did not hurt the horse. Two months later, he was back on Joe, the same horse, racing the same young fellah......won too, LOL! Keith

Hawkswill
October 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I may have over looked it. but this my intrest some one that Clay O Brien is now and has been most of his adult life a professional team roper on professional rodeo's all over the united states, if i can find a photo I will pass it on to all

For those of you who don't know, Clay was the tiniest of the Cowboys. And he was already a little rodeo champ. His saddle has extra stirrups up really high over the other ones...and he was NOT riding a small horse! When Will was teaching the boys what they would need to know on the drive, little Clay roped his own calf, almost a big as him, and pulled it down on top of him for branding......Will said, "You'll do". And, when they were looking for a young boy to play in Cahill US Marshall, Duke remembered Clay and asked about getting him to play his young son, Billy Jo. He was very good in that as he was in The Cowboys. He went on to make more movies but, as Big Duke said, he ended up being a real Rodeo champ in more than one event.
Here is his website....7 times World Champion.....bet Duke would have been proud. Lots of pics on the site: http://clayocooper.com/rodeo.html but here is one showing how I told about roping the calves back legs by bouncing the rope off the ground. See how close he is to that animal..no long runs for him......one reason why he was such a champion! Great HORSE never hurts either....that horse knew JUST what he was supposed to do! Little Clay....who would have known!
Thanks for reminding me Big Duke! Keith

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj582/Hawkswill/RodeoChampClayropingcalf.jpg

Hawkswill
October 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Couple more pics of Clay. One when he was young and roping. One with the cast of the Cowboys....you can tell he was one of Duke's favorites as he was standing to one side of him and Duke had his arm on his shoulder. He started roping when he was FIVE, LOL!

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj582/Hawkswill/ALLANDDUKE.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj582/Hawkswill/Claylariatyoung.jpg

Dooley
October 14th, 2012, 10:33 AM
One of the neatest things in my life. But, I sure do know how those boys felt after the first day. The owner and trail boss said he wouldn't cut me any slack because I was a woman, and he sure didn't. I also roped a calf I couldn't get out of a draw. Yep, my cousin's husband was a rodeo guy...specialty was calf roping. I visited a few days and besides the horses, he had the cattle horns that moved, and the back leg contraption of the calves....you rope them that way if you want to turn them over for competition. You have to BOUNCE the noose off the ground and have it come up over their back feet......then close the noose before it can get down to the ground again. I got it FIRST time and he couldn't beLIEVE it. Took me a whole 'nother day to do it again, LOL! Beginner's luck.
But, the one on the drive was just a throw around his head so I could make him follow me out of the draw.

Riding horses is great. I now ride Carat only bareback, and he has never even seen a bit. But, having all that gear on the trail and actually moving cows...can get dangerous as you will see in The Cowboys....that is the real thing. Our rides had always been out in the country over my uncle's huge farm and those of his neighbors. Lots of banks to slide down into rivers and swim across, open pastures, woods to get through without getting scraped off or getting your leg pinned, wild gallops over even terrain, hills that went almost straight up.....and then back down again! I rode on a "made up" trail once.....never again. Most boring thing I have ever done, LOL. We usually camped out from Friday after school until early Sunday morning. We would gallop back to the stable, walk the horses for about a half hour, groom them really well, feed them and then put the western gear away and tack them up with English gear for my uncle and his friends. They got there right about the time we finished, LOL....and off they went on their Sunday ride. But, just because Uncle Floyd rode English most of the time, didn't mean he wasn't one heck of a rider. Once, when he was 78, he was racing another younger fellah and his horse mistepped and penned him.....broke his hip and thank goodness, did not hurt the horse. Two months later, he was back on Joe, the same horse, racing the same young fellah......won too, LOL! Keith

Interesting you mention the English and western styles. It was quite interesting riding through monument valley 'western style' compared to the 'formality' of the English style. I'm really lazy so enjoyed the relaxed western style, lol!

Dooley
October 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Forgot to mention, great pics also Keith!

Hawkswill
October 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Boy that little Clay and the rest of them were really something. You know, this movie almost RUINED Bruce Dern's career! He was EXCELLENT as a man about as despicable as possible. Try as I did, I could never think of him the same as I did before I saw The Cowboys! I actually cheered when the horse took off dragging him.....shame on me! Keith

lasbugas
October 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
http://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/11/97/59/03/duke0013.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=10963&u=11975903)

ethanedwards
October 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Great photo, great kick Duke

Hawkswill
October 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
SUPER photo Larry....thanks so much! Keith2

Gorch
December 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Here are a few to augment Larry's fine photos.http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File49_zps61969d8d.jpg

Gorch
December 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File50_zpsda5318b9.jpg

Gorch
December 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File51_zps9770b298.jpg

Gorch
December 7th, 2012, 04:39 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File52_zps8dafa0d5.jpg

Gorch
December 7th, 2012, 04:40 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File53_zps75796e82.jpg

ethanedwards
December 7th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Duke looks annoyed!!!

Hawkswill
December 7th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Duke looks annoyed!!!

He wasn't annoyed, he was scared to death because he let that young child get up on Crazy Alice! If you will notice behind him are three of the larger boys. But, he was pure de old POed in the picture before the drink with Slim Pickens scene because all his hands were going to hunt for gold and leave him stranded with his herd. Now THAT is an annoyed look, LOL, KEITH

The Tennesseean
December 7th, 2012, 10:20 PM
He and Liz Taylor had pretty much the same color eyes, and like her, his were VERY expressive, and piercing.

dukefan1
December 8th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Here are a few to augment Larry's fine photos.http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File49_zps61969d8d.jpg

I've never seen this shot before. I love it! Thanks, Gorch.

Mark

Gorch
December 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File54_zps330f8bb4.jpg

Gorch
December 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File55_zps6ccfd850.jpg

Gorch
December 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File56_zps463d9687.jpg

Gorch
December 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File57_zps9678754b.jpg

Gorch
December 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File58_zpsb0f3f662.jpg

Hawkswill
December 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM
LOL, when he told little Hardy to go rope a calf, I just knew there was going to be some kind of hilarious accident......Not Hardly. That tiny little fellah shot his horse after the calf, Hardy roped him, got down and kept the rope tight, in case his horse stepped up, then grabbed him by the ear and flipped him down right on top of him! He wasn't a JR. calf roping champ for nothing.......later after his brief movie career including another movie with Duke, he became the men's world champion! What a movie! KEITH Thanks for the pics yall![/QUOTE]

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Another of my favorites --http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File59_zps43d0b7f0.jpg

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File60_zps2837d696.jpg

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File61_zps759dbba4.jpg

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File62_zps484552fd.jpg

ethanedwards
December 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Nasty man

Hawkswill
December 9th, 2012, 05:29 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File62_zps484552fd.jpg

Notice how after being beaten to a frazzle by a man twice his age, Long Hair reverts to holding the gun with two hands. Not sure I have even seen a grown man do that in a Western movie. I never did until my retired NYC police detective buddy taught me. I still prefer shooting my .357 Magnum with one. But, if firing rapidly and repeatedly, I do use two. Would have to greatly strengthen my right wrist to handle the recoil otherwise. KEITH

alamo221
December 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I always felt he used two hands due to his hands either being hurt in the fight, or being so frustrated it took him both hands just to steady and cock the piece.

Hawkswill
December 9th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I always felt he used two hands due to his hands either being hurt in the fight, or being so frustrated it took him both hands just to steady and cock the piece.

Yep, Alamo, that is pretty much what I meant about his being beaten to a frazzle. He was probably shaking with rage, also. Just couldn't handle it in that condition with only one hand! KEITH

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hey Lady Hawk, you have to see more westerns. Here's a pro using a two handedhttp://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/Mag%207/File88_zps84b94ee4.jpg stance from 1960. I know it doesn't belong here, but...

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Don't want to confuse anyone, so here's The Cowboys.http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File63_zps7fd5f88b.jpg

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Name this stuntman and Academy Award nominee..http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File64_zpsb1aae5ce.jpg

alamo221
December 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Yep, Alamo, that is pretty much what I meant about his being beaten to a frazzle. He was probably shaking with rage, also. Just couldn't handle it in that condition with only one hand! KEITH

By the by, James Coburn in the Magnificent 7 used two hands on his pistol when making the "worst" shot ever (aiming at the escaping bandito's horse).

Gorch
December 9th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Absolutely, Alamo, but I don't have a picture of that scene. Wish to hell I did.

We deal in lead, friend.

ethanedwards
December 10th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the pics Bill

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File65_zps98b4752d.jpg

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File66_zpsc6e81c45.jpg

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File71_zpse72a0fee.jpg

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File70_zpsb1b25fe4.jpg

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File69_zps7493bda3.jpg

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
One of the things I've always enjoyed about collecting stills from westerns, is that often the still photographer will gather a group of heroes or villains and take a group shot. Sure, sometimes these are used in advertising but a lot of times they never see the light of day.
One of my favorites follows, by an even better one.

We deal in lead, friend.

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File67_zps150de637.jpg

Gorch
December 11th, 2012, 06:18 PM
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File68_zpsfefd7a68.jpg

ethanedwards
December 11th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Lovely gals!!
and Jedediah wasn't interested!!

Well, I have the inclination, the maturity, and the wherewithal... but unfortunately, I don't have the time.

Hawkswill
December 11th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Great pics MB. Snake Dern, Wise Nightlinger, and Slim looks as if he has had a chin implant.......think that is the best pic I have seen of him, LOL.
Got a bunch of publicity shots from Paula. Now, with what Peter and Carl sent, I have a COLLECTION, albeit a small one! Thanks again for showing us your pics........how is your foot doing? LH

dukefan1
December 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Fantastic pics. I am envious, for sure.

Mark

Hawkswill
December 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Jebediah, Weedy, Fats, Jimmy or Steve?, Cimarron, Slim, Jimmy or Steve, Hardy in front, Homer, "Stuttering" Bob, "Four Eyes" Dan and missing is Charlie, the Jewish boy, who was killed retrieving the glasses that Dan dropped into the Herd. I think the second one is Jimmy as he was Clay's, (Hardy's) real brother and looks more like him. Have to watch it again, oh darn, LOL! KEITH Thanks BILL!
Now, if they don't look just like "small men" with a supreme purpose, I can't imagine who does.

Don't want to confuse anyone, so here's The Cowboys.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/billohara7/the%20alamo/second%20album/File63_zps7fd5f88b.jpg

ethanedwards
December 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Bill, Thanks for the continuing pix

lasbugas
April 11th, 2013, 11:46 AM
http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/97/59/03/wayne205.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=12503&u=11975903)

lasbugas
April 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/97/59/03/wayne229.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=12545&u=11975903)

Robbie
April 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/97/59/03/wayne229.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=12545&u=11975903)

Is this a deleted scene from "The Cowboys"?

may2
September 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Tommy Lee Jones To Write And Direct ‘The Cowboys’ Remake For Warners

The Oscar winner is updating the 1972 western that starred John Wayne, Bruce Dern and a pack of young’uns who are tasked with handling a long cattle drive. Tommy Lee Jones will write and direct The Cowboys, with Donald De Line producing and Lynn Harris overseeing for Warner Bros. The remake will be Jones’ next project after The Homesman, a frontier drama he co-wrote, directed, produced and stars in. No word on whether he’ll appear in the Cowboys redo. Variety first reported the news.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/tommy-lee-jones-to-write-direct-the-cowboys-remake-for-warners/

alamo221
September 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM
why-Why-WHY?????

BatjacAuburn
September 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM
That's too bad. Is there no original thought in Hollywood anymore? I have always thought this was Duke's most underappreciated film of his later career and while I like Tommy Lee, I don't think he'll get this one right.

lasbugas
November 24th, 2013, 02:41 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne544.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14424&u=11975903)

lasbugas
November 30th, 2013, 12:09 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne581.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14461&u=11975903)

lasbugas
December 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne642.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14519&u=11975903)

lasbugas
December 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne649.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14526&u=11975903)

lasbugas
December 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne695.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14572&u=11975903)

lasbugas
December 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne796.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14679&u=11975903)

Kevin
December 25th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Watched this today on AMC. It's a shame that AMC feels the need to fill it with tons of commercials. An hour and a half movie seems to take 3 hours to complete.

lasbugas
January 3rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne818.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14707&u=11975903)

lasbugas
January 17th, 2014, 11:42 PM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne915.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14896&u=11975903)

lasbugas
February 15th, 2014, 12:34 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayne990.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=15178&u=11975903)

lasbugas
March 16th, 2014, 02:53 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/wayn1039.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=15575&u=11975903)

lasbugas
March 22nd, 2014, 02:04 AM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/a_way696.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=15665&u=11975903)

lasbugas
April 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/11/97/59/03/a_way918.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=15905&u=11975903)