View Full Version : THE FAMOUS PINK SHIRT

Robbie
April 17th, 2003, 09:42 AM
WHAT WAS THE FIRST MOVIE JOHN WAYNE MADE IN WHICH HE WORE THAT FAMOUS PINK COWBOY SHIRT I THINK IT WAS THE COMANCHEROES BUT IM NOT SURE.

DOES ANYBODY ALSO KNOW IF WALTER BRENNAN EVER MADE A MOVIE WITH THE DUKE IN WHICH HE HAD A WOODEN LEG THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME MADE FOR AGES. IF NOT WAS THERE ANOTHER CHARACTER IN ONE OF DUKES MOVIES WHO HAD A WOODEN LEG.

stacy
April 21st, 2003, 05:29 PM
Hi Robbie,
I remember Walter Brennan in Rio Bravo, and he had a wooden leg in that movie. That is one of my favorites! I do remember a pink shirt, but I am not sure what movie, sorry.
I hope this is a little help!
Stacy <_<

stacy
April 21st, 2003, 09:22 PM
Hey Robbie,
I looked through some of my John Wayne movies, and I can tell you for certain that John Wayne wore a pink shirt in Rio Lobo, after the war. And he also is wearing a pink shirt in Big Jake. I haven't gone through all of my movies but will let you know if I find any more!

I also have a book on all of the movies that John Wayne made and I know that Walter Brennan was in more then just that one movie with Duke.

Will let you know if I come up with anything else!

Stacy :rolleyes:

Yukondan
April 23rd, 2003, 12:14 AM
On a side note, I have often been known to wear a faded pink long john shirt. On a couple of occasions I have been chided for wearing such color. I would reply--"well the Duke wore pink at times, and I don't recall anybody giving him any trouble over it."

Robbie
April 23rd, 2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks Stacy

Im not exactly sure but I dont think stumpy has a wooden leg in Rio Bravo but I will have to check it out.

Does anyone know what was Johns first in which he wore the pink shirt

BrianB
July 2nd, 2003, 06:40 AM
Comancheros sounds about right, But Ill check my movies.

Brian
Tulalip Wa

MMA10mm
July 5th, 2003, 11:57 PM
A-hem! It's not pink....... It's faded red. (Just clarifying) :D

I'm getting a red bib-front shirt made (not exactly like the Duke's, mine will have a bigger bib), and I'm going to wash it at least three or four times, before I ever wear it... Still, it will take a few years to fade like the Duke's!!! B)

Chris Maude
July 6th, 2003, 01:13 AM
the only pink shirt comes to my mind is in the searchers when he meets the mexican who has seen debra introduced to him by mose harper.

Robbie
July 6th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Chris

Thats not a pink shirt in the Searchers its a chequered red one.

MMA10mm why do you claim that its not a pink shirt, Im just curious I dont think that it is faded, if it was Duke would just have got a different shirt but I could be wrong.

B)