General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,136,290 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Gloria Winters, 77, Penny on "Sky King", died August 14 in L.A. after suffering in recent years from Alzheimers.

I used to really enjoy "Sky King" as a kid.

Wow . . . 77 years old . . . that makes ME feel old, to think that much time has passed.

Thanks, ringo kid, for sharing the news.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Danny Morton, 95, died July 19 in California. Best known as
    The Dakota Kid in a 1951 Rough Ridin' Kids Republic western; also in Royal Mounted Rides Again, "Mysterious Mr. M" serials and Eyes of Texas with Roy Rogers.

• Quirky actress Rebel Randall, 88, died July 22. Seen in "Lone Rider in Ghost Town" with George Houston and "Dead Or Alive" with Tex Ritter/Dave O'Brien.she was also in war of the wilcats with john wayne,she was the women on the train.she was uncredited.

• Kevin McCarthy died saturday of natural causes he was 96 years old may he rest in peace.

Kevin McCarthy (February 15, 1914 – September 11, 2010)
    was an American stage, film, and television actor,
    who appeared in over two hundred television and film roles.
    For his role in the 1951 film version of Death of a Salesman,
    he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
    and won a Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year - Actor.
    McCarthy is probably best known for his starring role in
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers, a 1956 horror science fiction film.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• One of my favorite character actors has passed away

• Hollywood columnist James Bacon died at 96. I seem to recall him talking about Duke on various occasions.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.c…2b05c55dfa4f4cc88ec6385fb

This is from Associated Press

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Can't believe that they are that old. He was 82 born in 1928. Some of his greatest hits were in the early 50s, Fisher sold millions of records with 32 hit songs including "Thinking of You," "Any Time," "Oh, My Pa-pa," "I'm Yours," "Wish You Were Here," "Lady of Spain" and "Count Your Blessings." He will probably be best remembered for the scandal he had by divorcing Debbie Reynolds and getting to married to Elizabeth Taylor. He just never recovered his fame after that.

RIP Eddie Fisher

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote