Not sure who to ask on this but--im told I created a Hornets Nest???

There are 92 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 29,198 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Anyway, I was informed by PM and a few emails that I apparently started some kind fo a Hornets Nest with a posting? but I have no idea which posting it was or what it was over as nobody explained. Anyway, if someone can? I would appreciate knowing by PM or other means--what I said that was so terrible?

If its to do with that "actor" murdering an ELDERLY Lady? I meant what I said!!

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Anyway, I was informed by PM and a few emails that I apparently started some kind fo a Hornets Nest with a posting? but I have no idea which posting it was or what it was over as nobody explained. Anyway, if someone can? I would appreciate knowing by PM or other means--what I said that was so terrible?

Carl, I was not aware that you have created a 'hornets nest'.!!
    However it was certainly this post in
    Dances with Wolves
    which I believe created a good discussion.
    There have been no complaints to us Admin,
    so don't worry about it my friend!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I think it was the Dances with Wolves thread. Quite a debate started after you un-American post

Thank you Batjac, and, I guess I cant dislike a film these days without irritating someone? I hated it and cant change my mind on it. Same goes for Imglorious Bas---rds. I hate that film with a purple passion, cant help it. I no longer say negative things about the main actor either since some actually like him. I dont dislike the actor just cant stand most of his movies with the exception of two--one which he acted with a favorite of mine: Anthony Quinn--which I thought was very good-the other was: The Untouchables. That actor does not appeal to me as im no fan of the types of movies he makes. I dont care for movies with the guy who was in Die Hard 3--because his voice grates on my nerves like rubbing coarse sandpaper on a 3rd degree sunburn. Cant help it.

Thank you anyway--C. :-))

• Carl, I was not aware that you have created a 'hornets nest'.!!
    However it was certainly this post in
    Dances with Wolves
    which I believe created a good discussion.
    There have been no complaints to us Admin,
    so don't worry about it my friend!!

Thank you Keith and I greatly appreciate it. On that other--with the actors death, being former Law Enforcement sets my mind in stone on people like the guy and that wasnt intended to sound cruel--just the facts ;-))

Thank you Keith and I greatly appreciate that and all your help. Heck, one of these days if I ever really learn how to use a computer? it would be nice to more than just post words. ;-))

• Thank you Keith and I greatly appreciate it. On that other--with the actors death, being former Law Enforcement sets my mind in stone on people like the guy and that wasnt intended to sound cruel--just the facts ;-))

There were certainly no follow up posts to this subject,
    and we certainly did not receive any complaints.
    I still feel sure it was your post in
    Dances with Wolves

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• RK, since I was one of the ones who PMed you and asked if you meant what you said to be derogatory, I am very sorry to have not included the link to the post. Can't find it now, but you said something like, "I hate all anti-Americans", or something like that in response to a Dancing with Wolves post. Peridot answered thinking you were being improper, but............it began a wonderful conversation between her and Russ, (Tennessean)..me also a little. I learned a great deal from those two about Indians and their history. So, it turned out great, actually. Sorry for not answering you sooner.

Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• There were certainly no follow up posts to this subject,
    and we certainly did not receive any complaints.
    I still feel sure it was your post in
    Dances with Wolves

Thank you Keith, ive since found out it is dealing with the DWW movie ;-))

• RK, since I was one of the ones who PMed you and asked if you meant what you said to be derogatory, I am very sorry to have not included the link to the post. Can't find it now, but you said something like, "I hate all anti-Americans", or something like that in response to a Dancing with Wolves post. Peridot answered thinking you were being improper, but............it began a wonderful conversation between her and Russ, (Tennessean)..me also a little. I learned a great deal from those two about Indians and their history. So, it turned out great, actually. Sorry for not answering you sooner.

Keith

Hi Keith, I got it and I think I replied? not sure? Anyway, nope, I had not meant it to be derogatory but I stand behind every word of it. I might have mispelled a word or two which happens to em all the time partly ebcause I type so fast, partly because my keyboard keys stick and partly ebcause I dont notice it.

Anyway, I cant stand anti-Americans and if someone does not like that? I cant help that either. I am a Patriotic American who loves my Country faults and all-and if a person cant stand that? I will never change.I cant help it if someone is unpatriotic or not as much of a patriot as I am.

Also, I am part American Indian--I am Cherokee, Irish, Welsh and Norwegian. I have two elderly Hispanic neighbors as my neighbors on either side of me--and I go to Bingo with them on Tuesday and Wed nights as an escourt. My two neighbors directly opposite of my are black--and we go out to eat once a week. So if anyone out there thinks im racial? they can keep their wrong opinions on m to themselves till they know the facts.

One thing is--im getting sick and tired of HAVING to explain myself on things. Cut and dried--this is the "Jist" of who I am. ((I am-Patriotic, I did several years iin the Boy Scouts--several as a member in Law Enforcement for the State of Texas, I used to volunteer a LOT of my time to Orgs like: the Salvation Army, MHMR, Charter Mental Hospital here in Corpus, Alameda Oaks Retirement Home on Alameda Street here in Corpus, Department of Human Services, the Food Bank, and also Driscoll Childrens Hospital in Alameda Street here in CC.

Also, finally, I am an honorary member of the following Vets Orgs: 101st Airborne Division 501st Parachute Infantry-Vietman (Operation Ripcord), U 181, U 2540 the: Wilhelm Bauer, the Kriegsmarine, the: French Foreign Legions all German Battalion as well as the Ordnungsgemeinschaft der Ritterkreuzetrager des Eisernen Kreuzes, and finally, I was nominated to become an honorary member of Merrill's Marauders. Sadly, there are only 18 of them still living as of this week. I was also made an honorary member of the Victoria Cross vets Org nominated by Captain Richard Wallace Annand-who was one of the few WWII VC Recipients from the Durham Light Infantry. Arthur knows a tad bit of my friendship with this great gentleman till he passed away.

I am proud to be an honorary member of every one of those vets orgs.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Well RK, thanks muchly for telling me of your history. Feel as if I know you a lot better now. I am part English,German, Irish and very small part Cherokee, (we THINK...no it was one, but are pretty sure of the Cherokee part). I am very patriotic also and type way too fast trying to keep up with my mind, LOL. So, we both can ignore our typos! Were you born here? My Mom learned to read and write German before English because my grandmother didn't want to mess up the teachers who would be teaching her English. I still know some words and phrases and can sing Silent Night in German as Mom had our neighborhood children's group learn it for the German consulate in Atlanta who lived in our neighborhood. It was their first Christmas away from home and they all cried when we sang it for them. Mom taught it to us phonetically...I can't spell German worth a plugged nickel, LOL!
    Let's make time, have some medals scanned, and we will make a time to "meet" in the chat room and I will teach you how to post pics. Won't take long. CYA, Keith

• Hi Keith, nice background ;-)) You have an edge on me though--you can sing--I cant :lol:

My spelling is legendary on other sites. I make so many typos-try to correct some but--get fed up with myself and leave most alone. :lol:

I know SOME German but--when I was over there--I mainly used: Mein Deutsch ist veri schlecht-sprechensie English?--meaning my German is pretty bad--do you understand or speak English?

• LOL, can't sing, huh, RK? Well......
    I could read what you wrote in German. Can't speak it but can understand it some and actually pronounce if fairly well. I try to correct my typos, but I won't bother with you......we will just let be what gets on the paper, :wink_smile:
    Wish you would try Photobucket again....it is very easy once you get over the bumpy part. I could set up a site for you with an album already there. All you would have to do is UPLOAD from your computer after you scanned.
    But, if you prefer not to, this is OK too. Let's start with the ones without the swastikas and see how it goes. Would love to have the stories of the men and the papers also. If you have any already scanned, send them on. IF not, I will just wait until you can find time. Doctors? I was a RN. Hope it isn't something serious! What do you do for a living.......?
    I build expensive furniture for Cats and Dogs, write, and draw.

OK, let me know when you have time, and go vote for the Picture Game....only a couple of hours left......help Mark out. Doesn't matter whether you entered or not. You can still vote for whatever the think is the funniest one. I announced the New Group Watch just now.....check it out.
    Hope you are feeling OK. Gutte Nacht, Shlavingzy Gutte. Told you I couldn't spell German worth a toot! KP

Hi Keith, nice background ;-)) You have an edge on me though--you can sing--I cant :lol:

My spelling is legendary on other sites. I make so many typos-try to correct some but--get fed up with myself and leave most alone. :lol:

I know SOME German but--when I was over there--I mainly used: Mein Deutsch ist veri schlecht-sprechensie English?--meaning my German is pretty bad--do you understand or speak English?

Hornets? What hornets? :biggrin: I don't see any hornets. Let me know if you do, my son's allergic. :wink_smile: I'll have to get out the epi-pen if hornets come buzzing around here.

Sorry, beg pardon? Is that a film?

We're burning moonlight.

Edited 2 times, last by Peridot ().

Originally Posted by Peridot

Agreed, an outstanding and rich film. I try to watch it at least annually and I notice something new every time I watch. The cultural density is like no other.

...wonder if it's out on Blu-Ray yet...

Ringo Kid:

Not me, I hate anti-American American films.

The Sioux are Americans. Is that what you meant?

We're burning moonlight.

• Hi Keith, ill see what I can do. Once i take the collection out to get scanned to CD-I have to do it all at once partly due to lack of time and partly because I have so many of them and also partly because if I get all my awards out? your looking at a retail value of approximately $25,000. I do need to get them all on one CD though so I cna make copies for friends who will post the images on Militaria Collecting sites for me. The first ones will all be either Imperial or the 1957 stuff. The WWII period stuff will be easily recognized but will eb the last stuff on the CD. One i forgot to mention I had--was an accidential purchase. Its a cased Signum Laudis Medal--and I have one of the ones that are gold tinted which means--there were few awarded and ONLY to Generals and Fieldmarshal's with one exception and I think that officer was an Oberleutnant?? Cant remember? Anywya, not many of those were awarded--only a handfull and this award by itself--will be worht several thousand dollars. I got it about 12 years ago from a German Milm dealer from Hamburg (now retired unfortunately) by the name of Detlev Niemann. At the time, Detlev didnt know what he had and sold it as the silvered version fo the Signum Laudis Medal--which were only awarded to lower ranking officers and there are a few hundred of those.

On the WWII German stuff--those are the ones that have stories--with the exception of two Imperial awards I have--one of the awards if called a Flandern Cross--of which I have three Flandern Crosses-two full size--one miniature -- which is super rare in itself. The other Imperial ear award I have that comes with a story--is my Sileasian Eagle 2nd class-which was a Freikorps award and was giver to Fridolin von Spaun--whom I met several years ago and was the last surviving member of Freikorps Oberland--which was from Bavaria.

Anyway, when I got it in? I sent it off to a friend who does Geneological Research for a living--only on Military Personnel--and he found that I have the golden version of the award being much much much rarer than the silvered version.

Ill attempt photo bucket a gain but cant promise anything will work.

My med issues range from-two discs that are still cracked and out of line from a bad car accident i had in early 1992. From that--I now have Advanced Arthritis that I was told was caused by the injuries. My right hip also pops in and out of socket all the time and im either in great pain from that--or if its obeying--im in no pain. Ive already had to use a cane--and im only 45. I also have some kind of a Degenerative Bone Disease--and need a brain operation to relieve pressure in it which causes my to have what they called: Essential Tremors and memory loss.

German is relatively easy to understand since it makes up about 1/3rd modern English speech--same for French and Spanish. I can understand most of what is said or printed--just not good enough to try speaking it or at least correctly.

Heh heh, my Cat already owns furniture--all the stuff I THOUGHT I went out to work and earn the money for. But nope--it all belongs to her. :lol::lol:

Im currently not allowed to work because I still need another operation on both my feet--and they are dragging the process along longer than one would ever imagine? I want to get back to driving--and im bored being stuck at home most the time and I want to see whats going on around here?

Not sure where that thread is but--ill look for it before I leave.

• Hornets? What hornets? :biggrin: I don't see any hornets. Let me know if you do, my son's allergic. :wink_smile: I'll have to get out the epi-pen if hornets come buzzing around here.

Sorry, beg pardon? Is that a film?

Im also allergic to Bees, Hornets, Yellowjackets and whatever the else they are called?

• Originally Posted by Peridot
    Ringo Kid: The Sioux are Americans. Is that what you meant?

I KNOW that Indians are Americans. I dont know how this comes up and also mentioning Sioux Indians???

One final attempt at explaining: I was ONLY talking about a movie I personally hate which is: Dances With Wolves which has NOTHING to do with American Indians--like the Sioux Indians etc just with a movie I detest.

Some (Dis)honorable mentions of ""Americans"" who and NOT patriotic are: oliver stone, Hanoi jane fonda, & tom hanks. These im my book, at least equal to the likes of Benedict Armold.

• OK...I have no issues with you having "beefs" with certain celebs, but I'm curious as to why you have Tom Hanks in that grouping.

I'm not trying to be combative, just curious.

Hi T, no probs. Hanks is on the list because he's gone looney with his left-wing politics and is well-known too. I refuse to watch anyhthing new with him associated with it-except for the The Pacific series which I need to see. After he did that series-he came out and started lambasting the USA for how the enemy was treated-but he NEVER not once--said anything about what the Japanese Soldiers did to OUR soldiers and Civilians (i.e.) Nothing about the lousy treatment during the famed Bataan Death March, nothing about camp 917--where Japanese Doctors did all kinds of gruesome experiments on our people and others) nothing about Cabanutuan Prison Camp (made famous by Duke in: Back to Bataan) and the list goes on.

Hanks is a puddle of MUD--in my opinion-shame too-because I really enjoyed his acting in movies like: Road To Perdition, Big and others.

• Im also allergic to Bees, Hornets, Yellowjackets and whatever the else they are called?

Wasps, too, right? My husband gets ill if he gets stung but my son has a more acute reaction. Unfortunately, here in Florida they're active year round. We have to be careful and watchful. I keep a can of nest destroyer handy all the time.

We're burning moonlight.