General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,146,969 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• the actor richard devon has died on the 26 of february.he played esteban in the comancheros with duke wayne.his career was mostely on televison in westerns.

I remember Richard Devon. The guy was in countless tv shows and movies and sometimes played the heavy, sometimes one of the good guys. He must have been good at what he did because he seemed to everywhere on screen during the 50's, 60's and, 70's.

• Sad day to see Merlin Olsen to go. He was one heck of a football player in the 60's as a lineman. And his acting goes to Little House and Father Murphy. Was good friends with Michael Landon. Not bad as an actor. He also wanted us to always buy flowers in those commercials too. RIP Merlin.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Sad day to see Merlin Olsen to go. He was one heck of a football player in the 60's as a lineman. And his acting goes to Little House and Father Murphy. Was good friends with Michael Landon. Not bad as an actor. He also wanted us to always buy flowers in those commercials too. RIP Merlin.

Don't forget, Olsen was also in The Undefeated, playing the huge Confederate soldier who'd rather play with the kids than fight. Like Hondo said, Olsen was one of the best defensive linemen who ever played the game. He was part of the L.A. Rams "Fearsome Foursome" line who drove running backs and quarterbacks to distraction during the 60's and early 70's. And he wasn't to bad an actor, either. Playing Jonathan Garvey on Little House and then Father Murphy on the Michael Landon produced series after Little House went off. Always seemed like a very likable person and easy to get along with.

• Another Actor passed away. 38 yr old Corey heim died from somekind of a drug overdose. I dont know if it was from illegal or prescrpition meds? Anyway, he was likable in the few movies I saw him in. Rest in Peace Corey.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Another Actor passed away. 38 yr old Corey heim died from somekind of a drug overdose. I dont know if it was from illegal or prescrpition meds? Anyway, he was likable in the few movies I saw him in. Rest in Peace Corey.

I am not familar with this person, but I did like Lucas a 1986 movie with Charlie Sheen, Winona Ryder, and a cute red-head Kerri Green. I didn't realize the main actor was Heim, but again not familar with him. I also remember The Lost Boys but was not a fan of that movie either. It also starred Keither Sutherland (24), Jami Gertz, and Cory Feldman.

Anyway, RIP Corey. Too young to go.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Actually Hondo, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were best friends at one time. They appeared in quite a few movies together and were considered inseparable. But they both had substance abuse problems and drifted apart but, a couple of years back, they hooked up again as friends and did a reality show called The Two Coreys, where Haim moved in with Feldman and his wife but, they had a falling out and quit being friends.

• I just saw the where Merlin Olson has died at the age of 69.

That's too bad! Truly a nice man (thanks, Keith, for that recent picture of him. It's how I think of him - he looks very pleasant and personable).

Another Actor passed away. 38 yr old Corey heim died from somekind of a drug overdose. I dont know if it was from illegal or prescrpition meds? Anyway, he was likable in the few movies I saw him in. Rest in Peace Corey.

Preliminary reports show no indication of illegal drugs, but they say it will take weeks for toxicology reports to be completed. Too bad - he was so young! What a shame that so many of today's young stars have substance abuse issues.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• That is so sad, but he did live a good life. I really liked him in Mission Impossible which is my earliest memories. But liked him in Stalag 17 with William Holden, but maybe best remembered in Airplane. So sad to see them go. RIP Peter Graves.

- John Wayne quote

• but maybe best remembered in Airplane. So sad to see them go. RIP Peter Graves.

I was never really a Mission Impossible fan, but I did love him in Airplane. Rest in Peace, Mr. Graves.

And sorry to hear about Corey Heim. That is truely sad when they live a tragic life and die so early. R.I.P, Corey.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I am not familar with this person, but I did like Lucas a 1986 movie with Charlie Sheen, Winona Ryder, and a cute red-head Kerri Green. I didn't realize the main actor was Heim, but again not familar with him. I also remember The Lost Boys but was not a fan of that movie either. It also starred Keither Sutherland (24), Jami Gertz, and Cory Feldman.

Anyway, RIP Corey. Too young to go.

Hi Hondo, he was mainly in teen flicks like: License To Drive-and such. I THINK he was also in Murphys Romance as the Son of the gal who tried to woo James Garner. usually I hate movies like that but-this one is an exception ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..