There are 7 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,506 times. The latest Post () was by etphoto.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We want to express our symphathy to Shelly Winters who passed away today {January 14, 2006} of heart failure. It has been reported {source many news organizations} that she was in ill health for a while. She was 85 years old. She was born in East St. Louis, Illinois on 18 August 1920. Her birth name is Shirley Schrift.

She had done one picture with John Wayne. She was uncredited in Red River as a Dance Hall Girl in Wagon Train in the 1948 movie.

She won oscars for her performances in The Diary of Anne Frank, and A Patch of Blue. She was nominated for A Place in the Sun and The Poseidon Adventure. She made her last movie in 1999.

Rest In Peace, Shelly.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• May she rest in peace. I remember first seeing her in The Poseidon Adventure when I was a kid. I've seen her in othes since then. A gifted actress. She will be missed.
    Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi

I was shocked when I heard our news announce the death od Shelly Winters last night. My son had told me earlier that she had recently suffered a heartattack.

Se only made two pictures in which John Wayne also featured an un-credited role of a woman crossing the camp in Red River and the unnamed woman in The Greatest Story Ever Told but in both you were aware of her presence.

Rest in peace Shelley

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• RIP Shelley.

Although I was not a huge fan of hers I did enjoy her role in Winchester 73. She was just alittle to wierd for me in most of her other roles.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Jan 15 2006, 01:39 PM
    RIP Shelley.

Although I was not a huge fan of hers I did enjoy her role in Winchester 73. She was just alittle to wierd for me in most of her other roles.

[snapback]25391[/snapback]

Rest In Peace Shelly.

Like Todd, I best remember her in her role in Winchester '73. Shelly, you sure will be missed. :(

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..