Photo Gallery

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,186 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All,

Just a reminder of the Message Board's own Photo Gallery.

To access it all you have to do is go to the top of the board and click on Gallery

You can wander around and look at what is there, and make comments as you like.

After reading the instructions, you can post your own photos as you like.

Preferably ones the Moderators won't have to delete :fear2: .

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Chester

I have a problem with any thing mechanical and the Gallery is proving too much for me as try as I might i can't get anything put on it it. Is it me being thick - which it probably is - or is there a trick to it that I'm missing.

Appreciate any help

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Arthur,

Here are the steps I took to get a picture into the gallery -

1. Click on the "Gallery" link above. On the left side of the resulting screen, you should see a section called "Gallery Member Options". Make sure your gallery is enabled (I think yours is, because in the Members Galleries, your name is listed).

2. Under that heading ("Gallery Member Options"), click on "Submit Image" and on the right you will see a box for doing just that. It is important to fill in each field. Even if your description isn't any more than restating the image title, make sure to fill in both a title and description.

3. Click on the button marked "Browse" and a window should pop up where you would put in the location of your photo (which is presumably on your computer, and you know where it is on your computer). When you have clicked on the desired photo, you should be back at the Submit Image place.

4. The next thing you do is to "Select a Category" and "Submit Image". Select a Category - If it is specifically JW or JW related, place it in The Duke Photo Gallery. Some miscellaneous item could go in . . . the Misc Gallery. If it is a general picture, it could go in the Members Photo Gallery. The fourth on the list is John Wayne Avatars - I don't know if photos have to be a certain size to qualify for this category, you'd have to check with Kevin on that (I haven't "investigated" or played with that category yet). If it is a personal picture, choose My Gallery (at the bottom of the list).

5. If all goes as it should, the next screen should say that your action was successful.

Let me know how it goes :rolleyes: .

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Keith,

We were checking out some of the 200 + photos you have added to the photo Gallery.
    The pictures look great, but the descriptions underneath seem to be in some kind of code, undecipherable to most of us.
    Would it be possible to identify the folks that are not real obvious to the rest of us? :unsure:

Chester :newyear:

P.S. to Arthur - The Mrs. says you are quite welcome :rolleyes: !

• Hi Jim,

This is why I e-mailed Kevin,
    I entered all the photos, but I can't get in to
    My Gallery, to edit them!!
    I can sub-mit photos, but can't do anything with them,
    once they're in there.
    Please take note of my comments, I made to Kevin,
    I want to edit them, and put them into, neat folders,
    but alas I can't,

Cheers,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi EE,

I haven't been able to get to the bottom of this as of yet. I don't seem to be having this problem. Chester, or anyone else unable to edit photo entries?

Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

When I click on,

View My Gallery

it shows this,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• and when I click on,

My Gallery Option>Manage Your Gallery

it shows this,

with Edit/ Delete crossed through