Yvonne De Carlo - R.I.P.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,987 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A sad day as we say good bye to a fine lady. Yvonne De Carlo was reported to have died today, January 10, 2007 at the age of 84. She appeared to had a stoke, and died in her sleep according to what I heard. Her son found her. She was known to play Lily Munster on the TV sitcom The Munsters.

The connection to John Wayne was one movie in 1963, McLintock! as the housekeeper Mrs. Warren. In the movie, she was the mother to two of Duke's real-life children, Aissa and Patrick. Patrick had a major role in the movie as Devlin Warren, the young man interested in McLintock's daughter, Becky McLintock played by Stephanie Powers. Aissa had a minor role as the daughter Alice.

This is from Entertainment Tonight about Yvonne.

Just wanted to pass this along to you. Rest in Peace, Yvonne.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I agree with what you said Hondo. RIP Yvonne.

I always thought she was a pretty lady, especially in "The Ten Commandments" and "McLintock!" And though I am not a huge fan of the Munsters I did watch it when I was younger.

She will be missed...........

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I had read about the death of Miss DeCarlo on an Internet news site about an hour ago, and the Mrs. heard it on the radio on her way home from work, and we headed here to see if someone had already posted on it, and lo and behold, Hondo had!

We do remember the Munsters from our youth, and it wasn't until we were adults that we recognized her in other roles (namely, Mrs. Warren in McLintock!).

I guess they must be having a little McLintock! reunion in Heaven tonight!

Chester :newyear:

• When I heard about her passing on the radio, my first thought was McLintock, not The Munsters (which she was most remembered for). I guess because it related to Duke. May she rest in peace.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• R.I.P. Yvonne De Carlo

I'm glad she lived until a good age, not lost so young like many of our other stars.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• She was married to Bob Morgan(one of JW's stunt men) at one time.
    Morgan was crushed by the falling timber (in the movie "How the West Was Won". It took him five years to recover from his injuries. His wife, actress Yvonne De Carlo, put her career on hold in order to nurse him back to health.

• Rest In Peace Lili. I will also miss you.

Incidently, I had the pleasure of meeting her in person when she came to Kingsville, Texas, and was Dolly in: "Hello Dolly" which played at the theater on the Texas A&M Campus.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi all,

I must admit, I remember Miss De Carlo more
    in the Munsters than Mclintock. I really enjoyed
    that show.

May she rest in peace.

Emmanuel,

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• RIP Mrs Warren... Wife reminded me of her part in McLintock (that's her favorite JW film). Played mother to Dukes actual son Patrick. Great acting, especially the drink fest with her and JW.