Daylight Saving Time

There are 29 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,896 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• When did our dim-witted Congress pass this earlier daylight saving time startup:stunned: ? They claim that with more time for daylight in the evening, energy will be saved!!?? They forgot that it will be dark in the morning for a number of weeks for people to go to work or school. I understand that the return to standard time has been moved back a week into November as well.
    The way that Congress is proceeding, they'll probably make daylight saving time permanent throughout the year:ohwell: .
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay

I wish ALL politicians would leave time alone period!!!

The difference is just about minimal and you have to go around adjusting every clock & watch twice a year.

What a waste!!!

Mike

• Can you not make that a bit higher and include taxation in there as well.

With the exception of defence I think they should give every taxpayer a checklist of what they want to support with their taxes then calculate their tax bill based on what they signed up for.

Can you imagine how much waste would suddenly disappear!!

Mike

• I agree with you all, on everything.

At least 3 states do not observe this insane time change. I think they are Hawaii, Arizona and Wisconsin? Definately not sure of the last one.

I voted but didn't vote for any of those jerks who are in office.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I have a friend that teaches in Indiana and they don't observe daylight savings time. She loves not observing it but my wife likes DST since she has to leave for work really early and gets home late when she does a 12-hour shift at the hospital.

• Well, count me in as one of those in favor of DST. It's a major godsend to those of us in the North. Around December and January, when we are back on Standard Time, it starts getting dark here around 4 pm. That's way too early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, our summers are short enough as it is, so I am in favor of anything to extend those long, lazy summer nights.

I fact, I wouldn't mind at all if we never went back to Standard Time, instead staying on DST all year long. I believe some western Canadian provinces operate that way, already.

E.J.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Hi all,

I have to agree with ejgreen77, knowing
    that the clock will be going forward that
    one hour in a couple of weeks time,
    knowing that spring is here and that long
    summer evenings are on the way, that the
    dark cold winter is at an end, that's a great feeling.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Yeah, this whole thing is stupid to the extreme.

The politicos claim it will save energy when in fact it will cost because now folks will have to use their headlights to drive to work, which puts more drain on the alternator, which uses more fuel; then those folks will have more daylight in the evening to drive their cars to the golf course, or where ever which will use still more fuel.

My wife actually heard a lady at a garden center say the plants would grow bigger this year because they would get more sunlight.

We are surrounded by idjits!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Well, count me in as one of those in favor of DST. It's a major godsend to those of us in the North. Around December and January, when we are back on Standard Time, it starts getting dark here around 4 pm. That's way too early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark around 4 pm is not very north yet... That's central in Europe. I used to live at the Arctic Circle and there it didn't make any sense switching clocks back and forth, in the winter it's dark anyway

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Down South Texas, our days begin at 6 Am and end by early Summertime, at 9 PM. I hate it because its so hot n humid here and the longer that hot dot it out, the hotter and more miserable it is here.

• Long lazy summer evenings by the grill and tossing a few back as well as blistering hot and getting eaten alive by the skeeters. Danged if you do and danged if you don't!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hi all,

Cheer up guys, just think of the
    exercise you'll get running round
    the house putting all those clocks
    forward that whole hour.:hyper:

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Well, luckily I only have 4 time pieces to worry about.

And Skeeters is right, here in Tx we have to worry about that skeeter-bourne disease called: West Nile. Its a pretty nasty thing to get.

• Well folks, us guys here in Saskatchewan have been on DST for years and it sucks when you live in the country.My daughter gets on the schoolbus at 7:15 am (6:15am ST) and it is dark for another 2 and a half hours. Alberta changes same as everyone else and being close to the border we do alot of business and doctor-dentist stuff etc. in Alberta.There are always screw ups in the time difference.Low and behold our NDP government in it's finite wisdom wants us to advance another hour. We feed our cattle when its light and quit work when its dark(sometimes) and I wish they would just bring back standard time and leave things be.If the Townies want more time to golf just open their stores an hour earlier,quit an hour earlier and leave the clock alone.Time is what Time is...no matter what the clock reads...SaddleTramp...Ps... my heifers don't care what time it is ,they calve when they want to...