Wings of Eagles

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,250 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi! I am new to this forum and excited to join in the conversations.

I am not sure if any of you are familier with the movie The Wings of Eagles. I personally have not seen this movie. I am trying to determine if a story is correct.

My mom named my sister Hope after a John Wayne movie, which I believe is The Wings of Eagles.

As she tells it, there is a scene where John's wife writes to him and indicates that they are having a baby girl and what should she name it. John writes back and says something on the lines of "I can't think of anything, but Hope all is well." His wife misread the letter and named their daughter "Hope"

Can anyone tell me if this is from this movie and if not, what movie you think it is?

Thanks and have a wonderdul day!!:beer:

• The movie is about a Navy pilot called "Spig" Wead who after flying for years had to retire after a heart attack and became a screenwriter and did war movies. Maybe it was a different movie. I don't think that's the movie your talking about though. I think your talking about a movie with Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson called Strategic Air Command. He plays Col. Dutch Holland and on a training mission he wires back to his wife after he hears she gives birth and the telegram was sent wrong and they named their child Hope. It is one of my favorite Stewart movies but I'd have to check the movie to be sure.

• Welcome Frecks97, glad you found us. Come back often.

As far as your question goes, I am pretty sure that DakotaSurfer is correct in his answer.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• In response to Dakotasurfer, he is right. It was not in any JW movies. It was Strategic Air Command with James Stewart. I have this movie to confirm it.

[SIZE=3]"Here's to you Duke, untill we meet again."[/SIZE]