Pet Peeves

There are 138 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,222 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200…cNQhRpa1dpzbyLDAmLRx34T0DThis is a web site that definitely is needed. In the second paragraph, they mention three of my personal pet peeves (I have oodles and oodles :smile: )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Note on 08/05/08 - Stumpy's original link was dead, so I found another one to get everybody started - Pet Peeves.

Chester

De gustibus non est disputandum

Edited once, last by chester7777 ().

• I think I will comment on some of these...

- People who talk during movies
    These people deserve to be kicked out of the theatre

- people talking on cell phones in the movies
    Oh how I despise these people, I pay my 20 bucks for tickets and food and they want to talk throughout the whole &)&*&)#@! movie...

- People who ask questions during movies
    :glare: Jackasses ruined my watching of Godzilla (1998) with questions such as.... "Is this Godzilla?" right after the title screen and about 100,000,000 times throughout the movie

- Cell phones ringing at the movies
    I truly hate cell phones, but they are sadly a necessary evil... but for Pete's sake... turn the dang things off!

- sequels of stupid movies
    Here's looking at you, Garfeild, and every other Horror franchise

- no free movies
    ???? :yeaahh: I don't understand this one

- bAD mOVIES
    Hello most of today's movies

- price of food at the movies
    That's where the theatre makes their profit, but I still don't like it.

- people kicking my chair in the movies

You kick my my chair I kick your ass... I go to the movies to enjoy myself not get an ass kicking from some moron...

- People who take their babies and small children to the movies.
    Babies do not, I repeat, DO NOT belong in at the cinema!

- Old movies being remade.
    One thing I would like to point, is that all stories that could told have been told and one can only change a few details, so eventually you will notice that every movie has been made about 10 times apiece. Especially those freaking horror movies

- cgi stunts in movies
    Legend of Zorro suffered from this greatly.... I want real people not stupid CGI junk

- Movies that don't start on time because they are hoping for more viewers to show up
    This has never happened to me....

- too many farts in kid's movies these days
    But flatulence is funny....

• Hi Brannigan, you left one out. Take your family to see the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.:glare: Have about a half a dozen teenage girl Johnny Depp fans :stunned: sit behind you. Hear them ooh and aah and oh my god there he is!!!!!!!! If I would have had about a one foot long water hose.....:mad:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hi Brannigan, you left one out. Take your family to see the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.:glare: Have about a half a dozen teenage girl Johnny Depp fans :stunned: sit behind you. Hear them ooh and aah and oh my god there he is!!!!!!!! If I would have had about a one foot long water hose.....:mad:

.... If wasn't on the list at the site petpeeves.com I didn't comment on it.

• Try going to a pack theater where they were showing at that time, Saving Private Ryan. I was forces to sit next to a lady who would not keep her trap shut and EVERYTIME--all the way through the movie, whenever an explosion went off, or they showed any blood, she would shout: "Ma God, O-MY-GOD, M-God." She ruined the movie for me and I came back about 2 weeks later to see it when the movie was not so packed. Was better the 2nd time.

Same thing happened when I went to go see "Titanic" as well.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Since I no longer attend movies at the theater, disturbances there bother me not at all. I just wait until the DVDs are released and watch them in the peace and quiet of my home. Lot cheaper too.

• Since I no longer attend movies at the theater, disturbances there bother me not at all. I just wait until the DVDs are released and watch them in the peace and quiet of my home. Lot cheaper too.

Since the movies are released just a few months after their release, we don't go to the movies very much either. Only to take the kids to one on a family night out perhaps.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• If I had to list my pet peeves I would be here all night... but I agree with all the movie ones, especially the people with cell phones and crying babies. Neither one belongs in a movie theater. People that depend on cell phones that much are just self important.

Another major one is people who park in handicapped spaces and don't have the plates or placard. It's a $250 fine in our state now but places like Wally-World won't allow the police on the property to ticket the offenders.

I have many more but for some other time.

• Well, my youngest left the nest about 17 years ago so I no longer have that worry either. All good things come to those who wait. :hyper:

Well my oldest will be a teen-ager in less than a month so I might take to drinking more for a few years. heh heh

Stay thirsty my friends.

• If I had to list my pet peeves I would be here all night...

I guess all us old GIs are grouches, eh Surfer? :wink_smile:

I think politicians and lawyers have to head my list. Then comes illegal immigration. Tailgating drivers (reckless drivers in general).....related to this are drivers who use cell phones while moving. Barking dogs. Parents who fail to control unruly kids (and the kids themselves).

Like you, I could go on for quite awhile.

- cgi stunts in movies
    Legend of Zorro suffered from this greatly.... I want real people not stupid CGI junk

I think there are movies that benefit greatly from CGI and with just the right amount have become awesome movies/franchises. Example, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy is simply in my book a awesome series and "Spiderman" and "Spiderman 2" are done quite nice and without CGI these films would never have been made. I agreee it can go overboard, but it can be used wisely as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi

Spoilers annoy two instances come to mind both going way back.

My dad went to see Von Ryan's Express years ago and on return I asked him what it was like as I was going to see it later. he said its great except Frank Sinatra gets killed at the end.

Another time I took a new girl friend to see The Sound of Music (Which I hate) in the interval the woman in front of me in a loud voice explained to her friend everything that was coming in the second half.

Thats probably why I hate the film and will never watch it.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

That's my approach, too, Jim. I haven't been to one movie theater, except for one time, in the last 15 years.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Another major one is people who park in handicapped spaces and don't have the plates or placard. It's a $250 fine in our state now but places like Wally-World won't allow the police on the property to ticket the offenders.

Same here! Since I now have to get out and about using a cane, it doubly irks me to see the abuse of handicapped parking spaces. The law in Texas says that not only do you need the placard or handicapped licence plates, but the person (who is assigned the handicapped designation) needs to be in the car as well. I see way too many people who have the handicapped designation using the facilities who could in no way be considered handicapped:angry: .

"Not hardly!!!"

• Same here! Since I now have to get out and about using a cane, it doubly irks me to see the abuse of handicapped parking spaces. The law in Texas says that not only do you need the placard or handicapped licence plates, but the person (who is assigned the handicapped designation) needs to be in the car as well. I see way too many people who have the handicapped designation using the facilities who could in no way be considered handicapped:angry: .

Same way in Illinois... I was just using a placard but I lost it twice because it kept blowing off the rear view mirror hanger. So I got plates for my truck and put the placard in the wife's car. It actually bothers my wife more since she's been a nurse for 24 years. She has marched up to the customer service counter numerous times at Wally World and complained and she comes away madder after the fact since they won't do anything.

The rules are the same here... for instance I would have to exit the vehicle to use the spaces. It's like if we went somewhere and I wasn't going to get out of the vehicle we couldn't use a designated spot since she is the only one getting out. We can only use it when I am getting out.

I've seen many people have the placard or plates and are perfectly fine. I even approached this old guy once that parked in the only space left around our square. My wife and I knew it was his wife that was handicapped not him and she wasn't even in the vehicle. I told him I was handicapped and needed the space, he said I have a plate too but I said your not the one handicapped and it's against the law. He uttered some un-repeatabled phrases and walked off. So I called the police and they came, and he got a really nice present... he got a ticket that could be worth $250. I went to his traffic court appearance because I knew he'd try to beat it. The judges asked him some things like how often does your wife come with you and he said, never. Judge asked, does your wife even live with you? He said no, she's in a nursing home now and can't get out (bad hip I think). Judge asked, then why do you still have the plate, he said to run errands for her. Judge said that was even a worse offense, perjury to a state official to get a handicapped plate. The judge changed the fine to $1,000 and ordered him to get a new plate in 7 days. And to surrender the old plates to the court.

• I think there are movies that benefit greatly from CGI and with just the right amount have become awesome movies/franchises. Example, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy is simply in my book a awesome series and "Spiderman" and "Spiderman 2" are done quite nice and without CGI these films would never have been made. I agreee it can go overboard, but it can be used wisely as well.

There's no doubt about about that, LOTR is one of my favorite fantasy series. But the point I was trying to get across was that while the CGI was done beautifully in those movies you listed many more do it poorly and it's quite blatantly obviously that it's CGI.

Legend of Zorro should have not needed one digital stunt double whatsoever.... but they did it anyway and brother let me tell you I haven't seen CGI that poor since and irritating since Sky Captain.