Steve McQueen honored at Western awards

There are 18 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,123 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just because I like Steve McQueen, I'm posting this. After all this site almost became a McQueen fan forum ;)

• I was never a big McQueen fan, I've always preferred Garner in 'The Great Escape' and while McQueen was good in 'The Magnificent 7' it was more of a secondary role, I guess different strokes for different folks.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Steve McQueen was almost as much of a "household name" in our house as the Duke was and still is. However, the Duke will never be bumped from the Nr 1 spot. :D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Steve McQueen was almost as much of a "household name" in our house as the Duke was and still is. However, the Duke will never be bumped from the Nr 1 spot. :D

Its funny but over here he wouldn't really be that popular, while some will like him his appeal is really the 'King of Cool' which to me while very engrossing doesn't really represent anything therefore there is a general void associated with his persona in my opinion. I do like him but I don't rank him very highly.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• I was abit young during his hayday but I have watched many of his films so I have become a fan of his long after his death. Robbie your right different strokes for different folks. I guess McQueen never had a big international following, but he was pretty big in the states. Nothing on the scale as the Duke but he was big.

• Hi Robbie, I definately see your point. I think he was great in a few movies, good in several. Compared to the Dukes record, Steve really loses out. I have to admit that my favorite movies with him in them are: The Great Escape, The Blob and Hell Is For Heroes. I never cared much for the westerns he did but also thought he was brilliant as the famed Bounty Hunter: Ralph "Papa" Thorson in: The Hunter.

• Very nice, thanks for posting.

I have been a McQueen fan for as long as I can remember. I love "Magnificent 7" and "The Great Escape" and "Bullitt". "Blob" was fun(remember his girlfriend was Andy Taylor's GF in the TV series), "Sandpebbles" I enjoyed with Richard Crenna, Richard Attenbourough and Candice Bergen, "Papillon" with Dustin Hoffman was good too, I could go on and on, "The Getaway", "The Thomas Crown Affair", ect....

He was no Duke but he made some darn good, fun movie's.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Long overdue tribute to the King of Cool. If his life hadnt been so tragically cut short with cancer I really believe he would have been bigger than Eastwood and would have produced a body of work to establish himself as one of the Greats

Mike

• I would have been pleased with a Mcqueen forum, hint..hint!. This is great to hear and the same for Sam Elliot, who i also have always enjoyed. McQueen would have turned 77 just last month.

• Long overdue tribute to the King of Cool. If his life hadnt been so tragically cut short with cancer I really believe he would have been bigger than Eastwood and would have produced a body of work to establish himself as one of the Greats
    Mike

As it is, what he did produce was not shabby at all!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• I would have been pleased with a Mcqueen forum, hint..hint!. This is great to hear and the same for Sam Elliot, who i also have always enjoyed.

Sam Elliot seems pretty busy these days. Have you noticed how many voice-overs he does in commercials?

"Not hardly!!!"

• Yeah, I agree. Sam Elliott is very good in his own right. To date though, my favorite Elliott role was of him as the Sergeant Major in: We Were Soldiers. "Who do you think I am? the fu(%!#g weatherman?"