Random Observations

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 334,097 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Only scientists, who I think are often a fairly impractical bunch, could get excited over this news. Even at the speed of light (670,616,629.384 MPH), it would take man more than 20 years to reach this "habitable" planet.

That is, if my admittedly weak math skills are correct.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Sounds like, if the density of the planet is considerably more than earth's, we could expect to weigh a lot more than we do here:ohwell: . Maybe Weightwatchers could develop a commercial on this.:hyper:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• 5 times the mass of the Earth and 1.5 times the radius; assuming the measures are accurate we would weigh about 2.2 times that than here on Earth - bearable, but I would certainly prefer a planet slightly less dense than Earth

I don't believe in surrenders.

• That's one damn big Dog!

Wonder what it cost to feed that beast?

I was wondering the same thing, Kevin. Probably a fortune.

The wife and I don't have any pets. They're just like kids in that you have to take care of 'em. Without pets, we're free to come and go as we please.

• I smell something fishy about that picture . . . I've never seen that breed of dog quite that big (as in , MUCH smaller!!). Look at the size of the collar chain - it would take three men and a boy to wrestle it onto that dog. I've seen some big dogs before, but none that had a head four times the size of a human head. I think someone did a good job of cutting and pasting (right down to the shadow).

Chester :newyear:

• 5 times the mass of the Earth and 1.5 times the radius; assuming the measures are accurate we would weigh about 2.2 times that than here on Earth - bearable, but I would certainly prefer a planet slightly less dense than Earth

Bearable for a while, but wouldn't want to deal with it continuously.

"Not hardly!!!"

• We have three cats and they are not a problem nor do they hamper our travel schedule. They cost maybe $25 a month or less for food, litter and toys. When we go to Winterset this month we have a sitter come in and check the food, water and automated litter boxes, yes, we have two Littermaids in the house. We have a cypher lock on the doors so we give the sitter a visitors code to get in the house. No keys to get lost. She comes in twice a day and we were gone for 7 days once and had no problems. It's actually better with a sitter because she gets our mail and makes sure the house is okay so actually we have a cat/house sitter.

The big dog in a car, I've seen big dogs but not that big. It has to be a small lady and a Yugo or bug she driving.

• I am not 100% positive but I think that that picture has been enhanced. Why can't we see any light behind the seat between the dog and the seat?

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I am not 100% positive but I think that that picture has been enhanced. Why can't we see any light behind the seat between the dog and the seat?

Your right... there should be something lower left of the dog... and those dogs slobber like mad... where is the slobber. The dog is too perfect.

• Well besides what I mentioned above, the picture is brighter then the rest of the picture. I am 99% sure its a fake.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• This is what passes for "entertainment" nowadays. The reviewer is obviously one of the new, hip dudes, probably born 20-30 years ago, and unfamiliar with good taste.

Oh, how I long for the golden age of movie making.