Clint Eastwood turning 77

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,758 times. The latest Post () was by DukePilgrim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Duke is #1 but Clint Eastwood is not too far behind for his western movies. And lets remember, 5 days after The Duke's birthday, Clint Eastwood turns 77 on May 31st.

Happy Birthday Clint!

• I wish... that was from his old movie High Plains Drifter in 1973. Here's a more recent one taken in March 2007. He's definitely showing his age.

• YES, James Arness was born on May 26th, 1923 in Minneapolis , Minn. And not too far away from where The Duke was born. I loved Gunsmoke growing up. He held the record for the longest continuous role portrayed by a single actor (20 years) on prime-time television (for Marshal Matt Dillon on the CBS western Gunsmoke. But the record was tied in 2004 by Kelsey Grammer.

• I know that The outlaw Josey Wales is one of the best westerns ever made, and somewhat historicaly correct. Quantrells raiders carried 10 handguns so they could shoot 60 rounds in a matter of seconds. When you see josey Wales ride you see holsters and handguns hanging off the saddle horn not to mention the 4 pistols he carried on his person. Wow what a movie, I think I'll fire up the tivo and watch it right now, I reckon so!!

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• Just watched The Bridges of Madison County; 11 years ago Clint still looked good, without shirt too. Very believable romance between his and Meryl Streep's characters, he does that kind of stuff a lot better than when younger. By the way, the picture was filmed near to Winterset!

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Wife wants me to take her to the bridges when we visit Winterset in a couple weeks. I hope Wayne can point me in the right direction.

• I had heard that some jackass had burned down that bridge sometime after the movie was released. If so, I hope it was re-built.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I guess I'll find out because the wife said we have to go if it's the only thing we do that she wants to do. She's a city girl... if you know what I mean.

• I guess I'll find out because the wife said we have to go if it's the only thing we do that she wants to do. She's a city girl... if you know what I mean.

I sure hope for her sake, that the bridge is still there. Where I got the info about several being burned down (a few in oregon as well) was in some show played on PBS about a year or so ago that was about the Covered Bridges in the USA, and several burnings were talked about on that show. Two I recall that were talked about was one in I think Grants Pass, Oregon, and the other was the Bridges of Madison County bridge. Apparently arsonists like playing with their matches a bit too much and are the jerks who keep torching these bridges.

• DS, I know there is more then 1 bridge down there so even if you don't to see "the" bridge there are others to see as well.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLINT - 77 Years Old

I was able to see a couple other bridges because we were told the main bridge was like 12 miles SW of Winterset and didn't want to take the time to drive out there and back. We went and saw I assume is the one that was burned down and there is a reward out for the arsonist. It's called the Cedar Bridge, NE of Winterset. Then on the way back to Des Moines we saw the Hogback Bridge. The Cedar we could drive across but the Hogback was blocked off. So at least we saw and photographed a couple of them. Made the wife happy. That's the important part!!!

• Today's the day - thanks, DS, for keeping us up to date on this.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CLINT!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

P.S. A little off the general topic, but on-topic with some of the discussion in this thread - not far from our house is a covered bridge, with some (at least local) historical significance, at the park where we set up our hot dog cart. I'll try to post a picture of it in my gallery when I get a chance.

• Happy Birthday, Clint!

May you have many more to come. And don't you go and retire yet. You have many more great movies in you. Now, get to work. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• In about 1980 I was waiting for one of my pilots to come and pick my Wife and I up at the Airport near Montery to take us back to Paso Robles and there was Klint Eastwood in Waiting Room also. We were the only ones in the Waiting Room at the time, at this time this was a small Airport.
    :teeth_smile:
    In about 5 Minutes He came over and ask if I was there to take Him to L.A. and I said No, that We were waiting on our ride back to Paso Robles, but it did start us talking. We talked about 30 Minutes and My Plane and Pilot got there.
    :yeaahh:
    I told Him that We could take Him to L.A. if He wanted, but He said He better wait for His Ride that He had Coming from L.A. to pick Him Up.
    :stunned:
    He Talked and Looked Just Like what You saw in His Films, and was a Very Nice Man.
    :shades_smile:

Happy Birthday Klint on Your 77th. I am only a Few Months Behind You !
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLINT!!!! May it be filled with nothing but pure joy for you. Thanks for all the great films you have given to us and I sure hope there are many more. If I did not like the Duke so much, you would be my favorite actor. :thumbs_up: :present: :martini_shaken: