Water or Coke?

There are 66 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,613 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This was an email I received from my Grandma, God bless, she tries to look out for me but sometimes like most of us she falls for hoaxes. So originally this was presented as a genuine concern, but research and the gracious Dakota Surfer have proved that I am such a fool for falling for this.... yet again.

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
    (Likely applies to half the world population.)

#2.
    In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
    that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
    for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
    Washington study.

#5.
    Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
    water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
    for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
    memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
    the computer screen or on a ! printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
    colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
    cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
    bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water
    you should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries
    two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from
    the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke
    and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
    toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour,
    then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
    stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
    Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds
    Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
    a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
    away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola
    to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
    the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
    Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
    with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke
    into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
    through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen
    grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
    windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
    It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric
    acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major
    contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2.To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the
    commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place
    cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean
    engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

or Coke?

Quick! send this helpful info on to your friends
    health conscious or not!!!!

• Thanks Dakota

Poor rot gut :ohmy: thankfully I never developed much of a taste for it and was amazed at the quantities of the stuff drunk in US when cold water would be a much better drink

Mike

• Bones don't dissolve in Coke, not in days anyway. Do you mean nails as in fingers or those made from metal? Eventually iron dissolves in water too. I haven't bought Coca Cola in my life, but maybe I should now and scientifically test this. For comparison should be used at least Coke, other carbonated softdrink, non-carbonated sugary drink and water.

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Funny as a kid you usually got it in the small glass bottles or in a tin. The reaction I got was that it was burning my throat. It was also guaranteed to make me car sick.

I really can only drink it when it is nearly flat or heavily diluted which tends to be the way it is sold in fast food places.

It is useful for cleaning coins LOL and it's only real use is if you have a child with diarhorrea or an upset stomach totally flat coke will settle the stomach of the child.

Imagine what it was like when it had cocaine in it!!

Mike

• I really had to chuckle when I read this... this is a hoax, myth, urban legend guys or what ever you want to call it that has been going around for years. There has to be over 50 different hoaxes concerning Coke or Pepsi that filter all over the Internet because someone is gullible enough to take an email from someone and continue to spread it all over the Internet like a virus. That's why some of these so called alert emails are even listed on the McAfee website under hoaxes. If any of this was true they wouldn't allow the product on the shelves. I for one have been drinking Coke for over 40 years. So don't spread this around if anything warn people that before they go spreading fake info like this to check the Internet and use some common sense.

• Like Dakota, I too dabble in drinking some Coca Cola at times. Been doing so for near 40 years. If im to have some "bubbly soda" then I usuallu opt for Dr Pepper (with some Cheery juice and two cherries mixed in" But my primary soda of choice is..............
    is................................................................. of course, you might have guessed it by now--it is............................................Rootbeer!!!!!!

However, I DO drink at least 64 ounces (eight 8 ounce glasses of) WATER daily. Simply, I love water, it makes me feel good and quenches my thirst, does quell hunger pangs at time; but simply keeps me feeling much better.

On days I enjoy some "brew," I make sure I drink plenty of water and limit myself to either one 12 ounce can (at home) or if I get it in a restaurant--no more than two glasses full.

Coke (and most dark colored sodas) when poured on batty terminals--will clean off the acids.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

they wouldn't allow the product on the shelves. I for one have been drinking Coke for over 40 years. So don't spread this around if anything warn people that before they go spreading fake info like this to check the Internet and use some common sense.

Some of that stuff concerning the Coca-Cola is true, but I had my doubts about the rest of it though. However before I put a lid on it forever I am going to do some of the experiments.

• You can do whatever you want but you'll find all over the net that it's a Coke and Pepsi hoax. Coke, Pepsi even Mt. Dew will clean battery terminals but not because it's dangerous. Using the carbonation and other things in soda they make a chemical reaction to help clean the terminals, which you can do the same thing with a little sugar water and elbow grease. Take a flat soda that has lost it's fiz... it won't work as well. All you end up with is sugared syrup.

• Actually now that you point it out, I believe that I read this years ago on Snopes... :stunned: any excuse not to drink it is a good excuse I suppose, even if it's blatantly stupid and false. I just love to fall these dang hoaxes time after time, tell me aliens have landed and I say "baloney", but tell me Coca-Cola is pure evil then I say , "REALLY? now that I believe."

• I do believe they mean an iron nail, and they are not denying that water dissolves nails, they are just saying that Coca-Cola does much faster.

I think it is finger nail, because the sentence continues with osteoporosis - a small piece of finger nail could possibly dissolve relatively quickly if you can keep the liquid acid after opening the bottle, but I still believe it will take more than days. I heard the story of an iron nail dissolving in Coke a few decades ago at school when a teacher was trying to convince us that Coke is evil - I just realised it might have originated from a translating mistake since nail and nail are two different words in Finnish.

Can you find pH paper, Brannigan? If you'll try to dissolve stuff, it would be useful to know the acidity of each liquid, even water can be slightly acid or slightly alkaline

I don't believe in surrenders.

• I love soda or pop as us "northerner's" call it!!

I am not a huge coffee drinker so if I didn't have Coke I would have to try to find another way to get my caffine intake for the day!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I got my full of coffee after 12 years of drinking the sludge in the Navy. And those of you who have drank military coffee know that can take the rust off... lol

I changed to Coke after I found out it did a better job in the morning for me and have been stocking it ever since. I still have one cup of coffee a day but for cleaning my own pipes and then maybe 1 or two soda pops a day for the caffeine. These days my brink of choice is water and Coke Classic. Can't drink alcohol because of my meds. My wife drinks the "P" word... Diet Pepsi Caffeine Free

• I drank coffee in the Navy as well. Had to doctor it up with cream and sugar though!! By the time I was done it was more like hot chocolate then coffee...

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• You sissies - my wife brews our morning coffee so strong you can practically stand a spoon in the cup. Wakes us up to face the day. :stunned:

P.S.
    I also acquired my taste for strong coffee in the Navy. Never lost that taste, even after almost 50 years.

De gustibus non est disputandum