Seraphim Falls

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,380 times. The latest Post () was by JohnWayneFan4Life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I just finished watching "Seraphim Falls", a western set in 1867. It stars Liam Neeson as Carver and Pierce Brosnan as Gideon. Carver (an ex-Confederate officer) is on a personal manhunt for Gideon (an ex-Union officer) for something he did in the Civil War. I think the movie was very well made and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I was surprised by how well Brosnan played his part as a man who refuses to be caught. I think he would do well if he made another western or two. He was very believable. Neeson played the part of a driven man who won't be stopped expertly. I've always loved watching him in whatever films he's made. It was almost as if I was watching Tom Dunson chasing down Matt in Red River (not that I'm comparing Liam to Duke), but the intensity of his wanting revenge was there as it was in R.R.

The scenery was beautiful as the movie takes you from the mountains to the dessert as Carver and his group chase down Gideon. It was filmed in New Mexico.

I loved the movie and was wondering if anyone else had seen it yet. If so, what did you think of it? I had not heard of it untill I saw a preview of the movie on a critics show and he recommended it. I'm a sucker for westerns so I gave it a shot. Let me know what you thought of it.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I never even heard of this film but, based on what Mark has said about it, I definately want to see it. I like both Neesen and Brosnan, so I know i'd definately like this movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Over all it was good. The lady and the wagon scene was interesting. Neeson is a better actor than hokie 007 wantabe Brosnan, but the Yankees always got to win. Must be P.C. you know. imho.:teeth_smile:

• I bought this on DVD cheaply along with a couple of Duke's westerns. I thought it began well but then fell apart into an overlong chase movie.

• DukeFan, I loved the first 90% of this film, but like other posters, I thought it fell apart at the very end. SPOILERS. When Angelica Houston showed up in the desert, were the characters in purgatory? It didn't feel like it was very realistic from that point on.
    The majority of it was one hell of a chase/survivalist ride. I know I'll never walk underneath a tree that holds a guy with a Bowie knife.

We deal in lead, friend.