Prayer Requests And Updates

There are 59 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,640 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Chester :huh:

I am completely new to the "Duke's Hollywood Cowboy"
    scene :unsure:

Can you post a link to some of Nodie's prayers or post one here :rolleyes:

what better way to first learn and read one of her prayers :huh:

Monique ;)

• hi chester & the mrs,

excuse me for being an ingoramous ;) but what is a prayer request have never heard of this before :unsure: and no i aint a heathen well not just yet will have to work much harder at that. :D your help in this would be much appicated

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• smokey,

First of all, the dictionary definition of ignoramus is one who is slow-witted or stupid. Sorry, smokey, you do NOT qualify for that title at all, so let's get that straight right from the get go! :D

One of the features of the DHC's older, other forum at Yahoo was Nodie taking prayer requests from members, and putting prayers on the board. What that means is that if someone has something they would like the others to pray for, they make that need known, or request prayers. For example, if I know that a friend is going to have surgery, I might ask others to pray for a good outcome of surgery, and quick recovery. Of course, this request would only apply to those who pray. On a board like this, that draws from such a wide variety of people, of course there are probably some among us who do not believe in God and consider praying a useless waste of time. That's one reason for having the thread title. Those who are interested can check it out, those who are not can pass it by.

For those who are interested in prayer, Nodie (or anybody else, for that matter) can't "lead" a prayer in this venue in any other way than to write it, and that is what Nodie does well. You can tell the prayers are really from her heart.

I suppose I should have put a small disclaimer in the opening post of this thread indicating that this particular thread on this message board does not necessarily express the views or beliefs of anyone except those who choose to post in this thread, and it is not intended to offend anyone.

Mrs. Chester and the Mr. :lol:

• hi mrs chester & the mr,

thanks for the info about this and im glad that i don't make that league yet (ingoramus) :D we believe but have had some bad experiences so am a bit gun shy on church matters. if i am ever in need of this or can help others then i will do so. i suppose some of this attuide is from living in the bush and only having a small community to help each other out in times of crisis. the local priest only came to our little place about once a month and he was there only on a saturday and his services were held in the pub's lounge

cheers smokey

• Hello All
    Hey Smokey the Pubs lounge sounds like as good a place as any. If you believe in something the location where you practise that belief is incidental. I choose to believe and respect everyones right to define and accept or not accept spirituality. Chester it looks like this topic hasn't seen much activity and I hope you don't perceive that to be a lack of interest. Lots of folks might find the internet an unfamiliar medium for matters of faith. I like your thought here and having read a thread recently about your retirement home at risk I will send a message up hoping that you and the Mrs have a peaceful duration at whatever location. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hello All
    I would like to humbly suggest a prayer might help Jay J Foraker and The Ringo Kid as Hurricane Rita threatens their geography. By extension I would ask that a prayer for all board members in Harms Way as a result of this storm, be considered of potential benefit. Kind thoughts are another form of prayer IMO and I'm sure they are also welcome. When one person suffers so do we all (also IMO)
    Before a surgeon went in to the OR to perform an complicated heart operation that our 12 day old daughter had a 3 out of four chance of surviving I spoke with him. I had spent the previous day and all that previous night thinking about a few things. Thinking about how I was going to cope if she became part of the one in four who don't make it. Thinking that I had never faced a gamble like that before, I had risked my life, most times with good reason and yet this was different. I thought about my spirituality the honest reality of my' faith' and I felt I had to make a decision. So when I spoke to the doctor I asked him for a favor. I said before you cut her chest open open her ribcage and lift her little heart out to do your best, Please say out loud ' A LIFE FOR A LIFE'. This man was an agnostic I think although he never stated himself to be and I did not ask him his business. He asked me why and this is what I told him, I said that I had made a decision and that I had resolved to offer God a suggestion. Up to that point my life had not included sharing my opinions on matters of faith unless asked to do so. I told the doctor that my offer to God was this; while there may be many reasons why the death of this child was in keeping with a natural human existence that I was hopeful that god would take away the 25% risk and assist the operating team towards success. If god would do that I would make changes in my life that would be aimed at fostering improvement in the lives I encountered. I said that I would try to keep a balance in terms of being a father husband sibling child co-worker friend neighbor etc etc etc. I said that I would not let peer pressure conventional wisdom or other peoples inhibitions or varying opinions prevent me from trying to live a caring decent life. I am saying this now to help anyone interested , define where I'm coming from in terms of any reference to things spiritual. By doing so I enjoy exercising the freedom to speak of my spirituality. Some may wonder if the stress of the circumstances impaired my judgement. Or if, in desperation, I turned to a long shot option. I would not say that I feel certain they would be wrong. I will say that I believe and if I'm even close to the truth that will be be a bonus for all JW fans. Sometime in the hereafter we might all have a soiree that Rocks the Universe. And JW/MM might decide to be there. Well suggestion for a prayer has evolved in process into a mini bio. Best wishes to all those in need everywhere and included in that group , members in bad weather. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• hi all

i to would like to add my wishes that all of our friends who are facing this disaster keep safe and well. will be thinking of you all ( though wishing we could have some of your water as we are in a drought). keep us posted and hope that "rita"slows down and becomes just a big wind.

thinking of you

hooroo smokey

• Hi Murray, Smokey. Thank you for such a nice set of prayers and wishes for us Texans. I'm not sure what Jay in San Antonio got from the storm but here in Corpus Christi, we got no rain and little wind. What wind we did recieve was just a slight breeze from the North which blew away the humidity and actually cooled us off a bit. The bad side is that since Friday, we have been heating up well into the 100's. Friday was about 103 F, Sat was 109 F, Sun was 114 F, and today we have cooled off way back down to 103 F. :-))

PS, I almost forgot, Smokey. We here too are in a draught. Were around 8 inches below normal rainfall. I'm afraid that we'd only be giving you some of our misery instead of rain. ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi Carl & Everybody - We've got the same here in San Antonio - over 100 degrees and counting. Supposedly, a front is to come through here Thursday and cool things off (down to the high 80s) - it will seem like winter when that happens :lol: ! Same in the drought dept. - we've had less than an inch and a half while Sept. is supposed to average over 3 inches of rain and have had little since mid-July.
    Hot - hot - hot.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay, some small consolations for you but, at least you guys have a few cool spots to hand around at.

The Alamo, the Riverwalk, The Red Barn (just kidding), the Hemisphere, and you can evnj go swimming with Shamoo. ;-))

• Hi Jay and CARL,
    as I mentioned on other threads, due to Pc problems,
    I've been off-line for the last three weeks.
    I have been hoping that you guys are Ok
    and pull through these awful events.

Good Luck always,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith, thank you very much and thankfully, our areas did come through without a scratch. :-))

PS, hope your computer problems are over. Missed your being & posting here.

• Hi Carl,
    Funny that, I've just asked if you're OK,
    on the Clementine thread!!!
    Yes my PC locked itself off the net,it took three engineers to solve it,
    before my neighbour who is also a PC engineer,
    came to the rescue.
    I've got some serious flirting to catch up with Baby sis,
    so I hope to see you on the Real Seniors thread!!

Best Wishes,
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi Keith, heh heh, I might have got that from the Clementine thread--not sure ;-)) Well, at least I hope it was not an expensive repair for you? For me, i'm still a tad bit afraid about making that plunge and buying a computer.

I'll have to take a peek at that real seniors thread and see what you two have going :D

Take care my friend--Carl.

• Hi Keith, heh heh, I might have got that from the Clementine thread--not sure ;-)) Well, at least I hope it was not an expensive repair for you? For me, i'm still a tad bit afraid about making that plunge and buying a computer.

I'll have to take a peek at that real seniors thread and see what you two have going :D

Take care my friend--Carl.

• For those of you in our community who are prayin' folk, the Mrs. and I are asking that you will keep our two middle children (Thomas, age 19 and Alison, age 17) in your prayers. They are leaving this evening to be gone for a month-long mission trip to Ghana, Africa. We pray that they will have safe travels and good health the whole time, and the same for the whole mission team (about 25 people).

Thanks, guys!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Dearest Chester and the Mrs.,

I will certainly keep your precious children in my prayers and those who are joining them. And since I consider my fellow members here at JWMB my friends, and I always include my friends in my prayers, please know you and your wife will be in those prayers. I, too, have a daughter named Alison.

Could you share more details about what they will be doing in Africa? Sounds exciting, especially for young adults getting to see the world.

Cindy

• For those of you in our community who are prayin' folk, the Mrs. and I are asking that you will keep our two middle children (Thomas, age 19 and Alison, age 17) in your prayers. They are leaving this evening to be gone for a month-long mission trip to Ghana, Africa. We pray that they will have safe travels and good health the whole time, and the same for the whole mission team (about 25 people).

Thanks, guys!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

Cindy said it better than I could have. Also, I will add them to my nightly message going the Lords way.

• Jim & Sue,

Be comforted that they will be protected always. Our prayers go to you and your children. To you that you have a strong Father who looks after His servants as they go out in the field. And to them as they do the work they were called to do.

Thank you for sharing them with us right now.

Cheers :cool: Mike

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote