There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,900 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• DALE EVANS

Information From IMDb

Date of Birth
    31 October 1912, Uvalde, Texas, USA

Date of Death
    7 February 2001, Apple Valley, California, USA (congestive heart failure)

Birth Name
    Frances Octavia Smith

Nickname
    Queen of the West
    Queen of the Cowgirls

Height
    5' 4" (1.63 m)

Spouse
    Roy Rogers (31 December 1947 - 6 July 1998) (his death) 2 children
    R. Dale Butts (1937 - 1946) (divorced)
    Thomas Frederick Fox (1927 - 1929) (divorced) 1 child

Trivia
    On September 22 1996, Dale Evans was presented the Women in Film/Dallas' Legacy Award at the 10th Annual Topaz Awards in Dallas. The award was accepted by her daughter Cheryl Rogers-Barnett.

Her horse's name was Buttermilk. Wrote the song, "Happy Trails", which became her and Roy Rogers' theme song.

Hospitalised in October 1999 with heart problems.

12 October 1999 - Underwent heart surgery to replace a pacemaker battery.

Inducted (with her husband Roy Rogers) into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in 1976.

When she sent for a copy of her birth certificate in 1954, which she needed to get a passport, it read that her birth name was Lucille Wood Smith and that her birthday was Oct 30, 1912. However, her mother swears that they made a mistake and that her name was Frances Octavia Smith, with a birthdate of October 31, 1912.

She and husband Roy Rogers are the adoptive parents of Little Doe Rogers.

Wrote the spiritual, "The Bible Tells Me So.".

Personal Quotes
    [speaking in 1992 of husband Roy Rogers] We hit it off together because he's so much like my brother. I mean, Roy's like I am, and that's it.

Mini Biography
    American leading lady of musical westerns of the 1940s. Born Frances Octavia Smith in Uvalde, Texas. She was raised in Texas and Arkansas. Married at 14 and a mother at 15, she was divorced at 17 (some sources say widowed). Intent on a singing career, she moved to Memphis, Tennessee, and worked in an insurance company while taking occasional radio singing jobs. After another unhappy marriage, she went to Louisville, Kentucky, and became a popular singer on a local radio station. There she took the stage name Dale Evans (from her third husband, Robert Dale Butts, and actress Madge Evans). Divorced in 1936, she moved to Dallas, Texas, and again found local success as a radio singer. She married Butts and they moved to Chicago, where she began to attract increasing attention from both radio audiences and film industry executives. She signed with Fox Pictures and made a few small film appearances, then was cast as leading lady to rising cowboy star Roy Rogers. She and Rogers clicked and she became his steady on-screen companion. In 1946, Rogers' wife died and Evans' marriage to Butts ended about the same time. Rogers and Evans had been close onscreen in a string of successful westerns, and now became close off-screen as well. A year later she married Rogers and the two become icons of American pop culture. Their marriage was dogged by tragedy, including the loss of three children before adulthood, but Evans was able not only to find inspiration in the midst of tragedy but to provide inspiration as well, authoring several books on her life and spiritual growth through difficulty. She and Rogers starred during the 1950s on the popular TV program bearing his name, and even after retirement continued to make occasional appearances and to run their Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Museum in Victorville, California. Following Dale's death, the Roy Rogers and Dale Evans Museum moved to Branson, Missouri.
    IMDb Mini Biography By: Jim Beaver

Filmography
    Actor
    1. "A Date with Dale" (1996) TV series
    2. "The Roy Rogers & Dale Evans Show" .... Co-host (1962-63) (2 episodes, 1962)
    - This Is Our Country (1962) TV episode
    - Western Hit Parade (1962) TV episode
    3. "Playhouse 90" (1 episode, 1959)
    - Target for Three (1959) TV episode
    4. "The Roy Rogers Show" .... Dale Evans (100 episodes, 1951-1957)
    - Johnny Rover (1957) TV episode .... Dale Evans
    - Brady's Bonanza (1957) TV episode .... Dale Evans
    - Portrait of Murder (1957) TV episode .... Dale Evans
    - Accessory to Crime (1957) TV episode .... Dale Evans
    - High Stakes (1957) TV episode .... Dale Evans
    (95 more)
    5. Tournament of Roses (1954) .... Parade Rider
    6. Pals of the Golden West (1951) .... Cathy Marsh
    7. South of Caliente (1951) .... Doris Stewart
    8. Trigger, Jr. (1950) .... Kay Harkrider
    9. Twilight in the Sierras (1950) .... Pat Callahan
    10. Bells of Coronado (1950) .... Pam Reynolds

11. The Golden Stallion (1949) .... Stormy Billings
    12. Down Dakota Way (1949) .... Ruth Shaw
    13. Screen Snapshots 1860: Howdy, Podner (1949) .... Dale Evans - Resort Guest
    14. Susanna Pass (1949) .... Kay 'Doc' Parker
    15. Slippy McGee (1948) .... Mary Hunter
    16. The Trespasser (1947) .... Linda Coleman
    17. Bells of San Angelo (1947) .... Lee Madison
    18. Apache Rose (1947) .... Billie Colby
    19. Heldorado (1946) .... Carol Randall
    ... aka Helldorado
    20. Out California Way (1946) .... Dale Evans
    21. Home in Oklahoma (1946) .... Connie Edwards
    22. Roll on Texas Moon (1946) .... Jill Delaney
    23. Under Nevada Skies (1946) .... Helen Williams
    24. My Pal Trigger (1946) .... Susan Kendrick
    25. Rainbow Over Texas (1946) .... Jackie Dalrymple, posing as Jackie Larkin
    26. Song of Arizona (1946) .... Clare Summers
    27. Don't Fence Me In (1945) .... Reporter Toni Ames
    28. Sunset in El Dorado (1945) .... Lucille Wiley/Kansas Kate
    29. Along the Navajo Trail (1945) .... Lorry Alastair
    30. Hitchhike to Happiness (1945) .... Alice Chase
    31. Man from Oklahoma (1945) .... Peggy Lane
    32. Bells of Rosarita (1945) .... Sue Farnum
    33. Utah (1945) .... Dorothy Bryant
    34. The Big Show-Off (1945) .... June Mayfield, Night Club Singer
    35. Lights of Old Santa Fe (1944) .... Marjorie Brooks
    36. San Fernando Valley (1944) .... Dale Kenyon
    37. Song of Nevada (1944) .... Joan Barrabee
    38. The Yellow Rose of Texas (1944) .... Betty Weston
    39. Cowboy and the Senorita (1944) .... Ysobel Martinez
    40. Casanova in Burlesque (1944) .... Barbara Compton
    41. In Old Oklahoma (1943) .... Cuddles Walker (dance-hall singer)
    ... aka War of the Wildcats (USA: reissue title)
    42. Here Comes Elmer (1943) .... Jean Foster
    43. Hoosier Holiday (1943) .... Dale Fairchild
    ... aka Farmyard Follies (UK)
    44. West Side Kid (1943) .... Gloria Winston
    45. Swing Your Partner (1943/I) .... Dale Evans
    46. Girl Trouble (1942) .... Ruth
    47. Orchestra Wives (1942) (uncredited) .... Hazel, Girl at soda fountain

Soundtrack
    1. A Dirty Shame (2004) (writer: "The Bible Tells Me So")
    2. 28 Days (2000) (writer: "Happy Trails")
    3. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1993) ("HAPPY TRAILS")
    4. Sleepless in Seattle (1993) (performer: "Sleigh Ride", "Jingle Bells")
    5. Electric Dreams (1984) (writer: "Happy Trails to You")
    6. "Musikladen" (1 episode, 1974)
    - Episode #1.12 (1974) TV episode (writer: "Happy Trails")
    7. "The Midnight Special" (1 episode, 1974)
    - Episode #2.18 (1974) TV episode (writer: "Happy Trails")
    8. "The Gene Autry Show" (2 episodes, 1951-1955)
    ... aka Melody Ranch
    - Law Comes to Scorpion (1955) TV episode (writer: "I Wish I Had Never Met Sunshine")
    - Double Barreled Vengeance (1951) TV episode (writer: "I Wish I Had Never Met Sunshine")
    9. "The Roy Rogers Show" (1 episode, 1955)
    - Ginger Horse (1955) TV episode (writer: "The Bible Tells Me So") (performer: "The Bible Tells Me So")
    10. Rio Grande (1950) (writer: "Aha, San Antone")
    ... aka John Ford and Merian C. Cooper's Rio Grande (USA: complete title)
    11. Trigger, Jr. (1950) (performer: "May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You")
    12. Heldorado (1946) (performer: "Good Neighbor")
    ... aka Helldorado
    13. Out California Way (1946) (performer: "Little Bronc of Mine", "Ridin' Down the Sunset Trail")
    14. Rainbow Over Texas (1946) (performer: "Little Senorita", "Rainbow Over Texas")
    15. Don't Fence Me In (1945) (performer: "A Kiss Goodnight", "Don't Fence Me In")
    16. Sunset in El Dorado (1945) (performer: "Belle of the Eldorado", "The Lady Who Wouldn't Say Yes", "Go West Young Man")
    17. Along the Navajo Trail (1945) (performer: "Along the Navajo Trail", "Saving For a Rainy Day")
    18. Man from Oklahoma (1945) (performer: "I'm Beginning to See the Light", "For You and Me")
    19. Bells of Rosarita (1945) (performer: "Bells of Rosarita", "Under a Blanket of Blue")
    20. The Big Show-Off (1945) (writer: "There's Only One You") (performer: "There's Only One You", "Cleo From Rio")

Watch a Dale Evan's Full Movie in:-

Dale's Video Gallery

Here is one:-

Cowboy and the Senorita

Cowboy and the Senorita

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 6 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Dale Evans, to most was the partner and then wife
    of Roy Rogers, however it's important to remember
    that she was a screen legend in her own right.

I loved seeing her in any movie, and had the fortune
    to meet her personally when she and Roy toured
    the UK, back in the 50's.

She was a lovely looking girl,
    a talented actress, with a wonderful talent,
    to write and sing her own songs.

Dale Evans appeared with Duke

In Old Oklahoma (1943)
    where she played Cuddles Walker a dance-hall singer.

Interestingly it was Dale who wrote the song
    "Aha, San Antone" sang by Harry Carey Jr, e.t.c.
    In Rio Grande (1950)

Legacy

For her contribution to radio, Dale Evans has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6638 Hollywood Blvd. She received a second star at 1737 Vine St. for her contribution to the television industry. In 1976, she was inducted into the Western Performers Hall of Fame at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She ranked #34 on CMT's 40 Greatest Women in Country Music in 2002.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• This lady was good and I always enjoyed seeing her and Roy make appearances in parades and such. I never got to see them in person for anything but, it was said that at the time that we were visitng their Museum in Victorville, that Roy was there. It sure would have been great to have at least shaken his hand-let alone to have met Dale.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Our collection of DVDs of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans is second in size only to our John Wayne collection.

I thought I shared this story a few years back, after the Dean Smith Celebrity Rodeo in 2004, but I have searched high and low and can't find it, so I guess I'll tell it now.

I have friends who gave me a John Wayne cast mug (from Rooster Cogburn). I was visiting them one day, and we were talking about John Wayne, and then the conversation turned to Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, and Mrs. N mentioned that when she was a kid growing up in southern CA, she lived near the Rogers family and was friends with their daughter, Cheryl. A couple of months later, in November of '04, I was at the Dean Smith Celebrity Rodeo, and helping to sell Fred Landesman's book at a table that just happened to be right next to none other than Cheryl Rogers. As happens at events like that, the vendors get to chatting to each other, and all of a sudden I remembered my conversation with Mrs. N. (whose phone number I just happened to have in my cell phone). So I called their house, and she was home, and I said, "I have someone here I think you would really enjoy talking to," and I handed the phone to Cheryl. They were both very happy to be talking to each other, and had a real nice chat. I was able to bring back an autographed copy of Cheryl's book
    Cowboy Princess: Life with My Parents Roy Rogers and Dale Evans to Mrs. N.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi, Jim/Sue, that's a nice story that you shared. ;-)) It must be nice to live in the State that had/has so many Stars shining over ;-D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..