What Movie is It? - Discussion thread

There are 24 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 19,022 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• While looking at the What Movie Is It? post this week, I started wondering a few things.

(1) How many quizzes has Mark (dukefan1) put up for us? Since January of 2008, he has graced us with 75 opportunities to identify a John Wayne movie from a photo that has been 'altered' in some way! THANK YOU, Mark, for your dedication to such a fun, popular game each week!

(2) How many members have made correct guesses in that time? 40 members have correctly guessed at least one time. I don't know how many more may have played, but not guessed correctly.

(3) Who's the best guesser? Hands down (and I'm sure this is no surprise to anyone who frequents the topic), wbbison is the all around leader, with 65 correct guesses! I can only recall two or three times when we were all stumped, and I'm guessing even wbbison doesn't make a guess every week. Way to go, wbbison, you sure know your John Wayne movies!! You are undeniably the CHAMP!!

(4) Who are the 'runners-up'?
    H.Sanada, 31 correct guesses
    arthurarnell and ralphper, each with 30 correct guesses
    Robbie, 28 correct guesses
    Baby Sister, 19 correct guesses
    Chester, 17 correct guesses
    Lt. Brannigan, 14 correct guesses
    SXViper, 11 correct guesses
    31 others, with 9 or fewer correct guesses (but at least one!)

What Movie Is It? is obviously a popular game around here, and I want to encourage folks to try it out.

For our newer members, the way it works is this - each week, dukefan1 posts an 'altered' photo from a John Wayne movie, and members who want to play, send a PM (private message) to dukefan1 with their answer (if you click on his name, on the left side of his post, there is an option in the drop-down menu, to send him a private message). One of the reasons I decided to start this thread is that before we started closing the thread to responses, I see there was some fun discussion that took place in the thread, related to the game. But sometimes newbies would inadvertently post their answer in the thread, possibly revealing the answer to the rest of us. So it was decided to keep the thread closed.

So . . . if you want to comment on the weekly game, I hope you will do it here. Mark comes up with some great photos, and is very creative in disguising them.

You can click on the link in my signature at any time, to easily access the game thread (even with it in my signature, I don't always remember to check it out :headbonk:!).

Chester :newyear:

• I'm glad this week's is a little tricky. I try to make them difficult at times without being impossible.

Every once in a while, I'll through in an easy one just to make sure people are still playing. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• . . . this weeks got me stumped.

I can't even fathom a guess as to this weeks movie . . .

I'm glad this week's is a little tricky.

Tricky? this one's darn near impossible for me to even make a decent guess....

Hm-m-m-m . . . wondering if I guessed correctly, trying not to second-guess myself, because I had an immediate answer come to my mind . . . I guess we'll know in a couple of days . . . .

• Just a reminder that there are still a few hours to play this week's game of What Movie is It? Mark usually slips in late Sunday evening (Pacific Daylight Time) to post the answer to last week's game and a new picture for this week.

To get there quickly, just click the link below, in my signature, and it will take you to the thread (you will need to go to the last page, last post, to play the most recent offering).

For our newer members - remember, please do NOT post your answer in the thread (which is now open so Mark can post there later today), send Mark (dukefan1) a PM (Private Message) with your answer.

Have fun!! And short of posting your guess, feel free to discuss the game in THIS thread!

• Hello Gang!

The movie is....Back to Bataan.

Now, I have to admit that I made a mistake. I used this picture already a while ago. Must be getting old and forgetful.
    :wacko:

I guess I'm even older and more forgetful . . . I have to see the picture every week, in order to open the thread, and I don't remember it!

At least I guessed right! :biggrin:

• I'm just lucky I guess. Sometimes I have to think about it and then I forget to post my answer. Also I think about every so often I guess wrong. I have to say that dukefan1 is doing a fantastic job.

• I'm just lucky I guess. Sometimes I have to think about it and then I forget to post my answer. Also I think about every so often I guess wrong. I have to say that dukefan1 is doing a fantastic job.

wbbison, I think your ability goes far beyond luck! You just really know your Duke movies!

It seems annek has an eye like you, she's gotten quite a few correct recently!

• Take a look at the picture below . . . .

That is, without a doubt, one of the funniest distortions I've seen so far! Look at the belly on Duke! :))):

And just a reminder - please do NOT guess here!! PM your answer to Mark! I only posted the picture here so I could comment on it - it's really funny!

• Mark,

Congratulations on your most recent stumping of the masses!

I thought this one would be an easy one. Shows you how much I know. I thought the nude on the wall would give it away.

That 'nude' on the wall looked more like some sort of stage show in the background (and didn't necessarily look nude), so that's what kind of threw me off. My first instinct was The Shootist, and I should have gone with that!.