Sad news,Our member Redcap has sadly passed away.

There are 32 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 10,880 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• to all that know redcap

he will be missing for some time he has been told he has cancer and is going through all of the processes which go along with that, we are all hoping that it will work out fine will let you know more as we go along

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

he will be missing for some time he has been told he has cancer and is going through all of the processes which go along with that, we are all hoping that it will work out fine will let you know more as we go along

cheers smokey

Hi Smokey, please send him my best wishes, also that I recently relocated back to Corpus Christi, and that I FINALLY came across that original Desert Rats Photo I have that I told him about and that I was going to use to have something made for him. That something I THINK I can have ordered in late October when the new super wally-world opens.

Anyway, please send him my best regards.

Take care--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

cheers smokey

Sharon,
    On behalf of the John Wayne Message Board, will you please convey
    Redcap our best wishes and that he is very much in our thoughts.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• well redcap is now in hospital as he has an infection along with low blood preasure and dyhiration (forgive the spelling) they cant do anything about the cancer until these things improve am going to see him tommorow night will let him know that you are all thinking of him at this time. the doctor has said that it is treatable but he has to bulk up first.

cheers smokey

• well redcap is now in hospital as he has an infection along with low blood preasure and dyhiration (forgive the spelling) they cant do anything about the cancer until these things improve am going to see him tommorow night will let him know that you are all thinking of him at this time. the doctor has said that it is treatable but he has to bulk up first.

cheers smokey

Cheers Smokey, give him my best and wish I could send him a case of his favorite Beer.

• since the last post redcap has died so if you could now make him inactive please. he died early hours morning 4th aussie time. thankyou for all you kind thoughts

be seeing you around soon

cheers smokey

• Sharon,
    I am so sad to hear this news.
    On behalf of us all on the admin team,
    we offer our prayers and thoughts to his family.
    I trust you will convey this to his relatives.

I will as you request, sadly make his account inactive,
    he was great contributor to this board
    particularly in the war related threads.
    His presence will be greatly missed

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hi Sharon, I am very sorry for this sad news. Rest in Peace John. >:-( you are greatly missed and I am sorry I never had my item handy to send to you. Take care Sir, and i have much awe for you in your service to your Country and my hat is permanently tipped to you.

Best regards--Carl.

PS, I hope you get to say something for me to Captain Richard Wallace Annand Durham Light Infantry, V.C.

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• As a tribute to the late John (Redcap)

Here are his first and last posts, on the board:-

February 10th, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the info. Flash player downloaded well
    Redcap

June 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
    Hi All,
    Just to let you know that again being in the Air Training Corps (46F) squadron we visited many RAF Stations. We had the pleasure of meeting Douglas Bader and Bob Stanford-Tuck at North Weald when we were flying with 601 (City of London) Squadron which was a reserve unit that at the time was flying Meteors. Bader was reasonably approachable but Tuck was very stand offish. We were given some very useful tips by Bader and was at times very arrogant but also very forceful. Nice to revive some pleasant memories.
    Redcap

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• hi everyone thanks, as some of you dont know redcap was my dad and his name was bill not john that was his middle name. we are having his service on monday 2pm our time. will pass on your wishes to mum from this site and again thanks he will be missed by us all

cheers smokey

• hi everyone thanks, as some of you dont know redcap was my dad and his name was bill not john that was his middle name. we are having his service on monday 2pm our time. will pass on your wishes to mum from this site and again thanks he will be missed by us all

cheers smokey

Hi Sharon, sorry for that. I got used to both names the few times we sent email to each other. My memory is also slipping thanks to my Neurological problem and is hard to remember things.

Hope the services go smoothly and again, sorry for his loss. From the emails I had from him, one can easily see he was a true Gentleman and one I would have liked to shake hands with.

cheers smokey

Sharon,
    I for one, had no idea Bill was your dad!.
    So sorry my friend, and may God be with you

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• thanks everyone ringo (carl) yes he was a true gentleman we have told people about his passing and then we hear that others who we didnt know knew him as well, as my sister said just yesterday you tell someone and there seems like 10 others who knew him as well. he touched so many peoples lives.
    cheers smokey

• Dear Smokey,
    Like Keith said, I sure never knew Red Cap was your Dad. Please accept my deepest sympathy and condolences.
    Jim

De gustibus non est disputandum