Quiz Night

There are 27 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,863 times. The latest Post () was by InHarmsWay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi gang thought i'd bring this back just wonderd if any was interested in another Quiz night i enjoyed he last. let me know!
    Chance

"COME SEE A FAT OLD MAN SOMETIME"

• I really enjoyed the last quiz as well Graham however it seems that only you and myself would like another quiz as a previous topic on this more or less disintegrated due to lack of interest. I would like to mention to everyone that the quiz is a lot of fun and I am sure many of you would enjoy it and Mrs. Chester whom conducted the last quiz did so with ease, humour, intelligence and style. It would be nice to have another quiz in the near future and to also have a large turnout(no excuses accepted) ;)

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Chance/Robbie :blink:

As the Football season is drawing to a close and as we have probably escaped relegation, I should be interested depending when it is.

Regards

Arthur :D

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• hi chance

am interested all depends on time and day as only early sat and sun mornings suit me any other time sorry will have to miss ( this is my time not yours) and yes i do know you lot are on summer time now (so you are 1 hr earlier so instead of 10hrs in front you are 9)

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Well, as I stated previously, we're smack in the middle of softball (14 year old daughter) and soccer ( 7 year old grandson), plus trying to wind up the end of the school year by the middle of June. After that, I could probably pull it off. Of course, it is a little difficult to be in front of the computer in the middle of a Saturday, which is when it would be here for an evening in the UK and early morning down under :rolleyes: .

Maybe Arthur could be quiz master! I think he would be awesome! (No pressure here, my friend, just a suggestion :) ).

So that's all I have to add to this at this time!

Mrs. Chester :angel1:

• Hi Gang

I think that I can be available possibly mid May not sure about time schedules a saturday or sunday mid day would suit me but which would probably make it about eight am morning in US I don't know how that fits in for Australia but any time band between mid day to early evening I'll be available.

Let me know your thoughts and i'll work out soe dates.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• arthur

your midday will be about 9pm that night for me so let me know the time for you then i will see if i can make it please not too late as it is now heading into winter and the nights get cold down here maybe not as cold as you get but cold but our measures :lol:

cheers smokey

• Hi Smokey, Chance Robbie and Mr and Mrs Chester

If I say 11am our time that should make it 8pm your time and if I remember it right when I was in Orlando that puts the US five hours behind UK, say about six am. I'm hopeless when it comes to arithmatic but I want to be as flexible as posible so what do the rest think about a late morning (or early morning in some cases) start

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• hi arthur

9pm saturday night my time is fine with me that will make it your midday , but first find out how mrs c and the rest want to play it if you decide for later then i will have to move the heater into the study to be here

cheers smokey

• Hi all,

:D That's one. welcome aboard :D

<_< I realise that saturday mid day is a little unusual :o but you'll only be doing silly things instead like sleeping or shopping instead so whose next. Its also a great excuse for some of the newer brits to get acquainted with the board
    every one - but everyone is welcome. ...........

Regards

Arthur :agent:

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi Author

Saturday at midday is no good for me I am never around then, between 6pm and 8pm on Saturday is the only time I can make.

Smokey are you not going into summer like the rest of us or have I picked you up wrong.

Regards
    Robbie

• Robbie,

All countries south of the equator are going into their cold season, as the rest of the countries north of the equator are going into their hot season. You might call it a flip flop of seasons between the two. In other words, smokey is going into the what we call winter season. She is in need of heaters right now, while we are getting ready to turn on the A/C. :lol:

Stay warm smokey, I have warm thoughts of you, young lady. ;)

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Here's another difference I've heard between above and below the equator - north of the equator, water flows in a counter clock-wise direction down the drain, and south of the equator it swirls clock-wise (can you verify that, smokey?).

Now to get back to the topic at hand, noon UK time would be 5 AM our time (now that we're into Daylight Savings Time). That would work much better on a Saturday morning, as on Sunday mornings we are getting ready for church, and it's just too hectic. The Mrs. and I would be quite willing to get up early on a Saturday morning to join you folks. And the Mrs. would gladly defer to Arthur as quiz master, as putting the questions together for her is time consuming, and this is a particularly busy time of year for her.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi :o

That's Three. I firmly believe that we must be adaptable and consider the thoughts of our friends in the Southern Hemisphere, I cannott see for the Brits that a midday sessions awkward when a night time session means Smokey waiting until 4am and the Us at god knows what time.

I think we could be on here.

At the same time as Chester once reminded me the board does not only comprise Brits Americans and Aussies so as well as these folk lets also hear from the Italians, German, French Dutch and all our European cousins and make it truly international..

I'll go ahead and work out some dates and as an added extra if all participating contestants send me their favourite Duke Film I'll work out say five individual questions on that subject for each contestant with the incentive of a bonus for the other members in the unlikely event that they get their specialsit question wrong.

So once again world :lol: Roll Up! Roll Up! :lol:

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards

Arthur :agent:

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• hi robbie,

you are a little wrong in your thinking but hondo got it right we are heading into our winter season but for me anything under 20 degrees C is cold and on comes the winter pjs. we don't have summer all year round :D only stays warm in the northern terriotry mid 20's ;) .

now chester have just gone and checked out the water down the drain hole and yes we do go clock wise must be because we're upside down didn't you know we walk around on our hands :lol:

and thanks hondo i will keep warm and i will have warm thoughts for you ;) or should i say i will be having cooling thoughts for you stay cool and humity free :D

see you soon arthur and the movie i like best i don't know just yet will get back to you on that one.

cheers to one and all

smokey

• Hi Smokey and Hondo

That is really interesting and something I never knew you will have to excuse my ignorance. Smokey could you explain when your summer is, Geography never was my strong point.

Arthur Saturday midday is no good because a lot of us Brits work during that time your one of the lucky ones.

How about a range of different times inputted by you Author and we will pick the one that suits the most of us.

How about a little quiz league table that could be fun and spark a little more interest.

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie

While agreeing that Geography is not your strongest point you may have hit on an idea that would solve the problem.

Accepting that we are all honourable people, if every one is in agreement I will hold one for the colonials at mid day or even earlier or later around mid day on the saturday. and one for us around 6 pm Saturday night. If this is acceptable If Smokey Chester Hondo and any one else who wants to participate and please all participate discuss it among themselves and, let me know what time, English time you want to start. Obviously any time around 1200 GBT

I suggest a saturday in mid May I'll work out a series of dates when I will be able to hold two quizzes (My Wife works every other saturday so I can fit it in that way.

Hope this is acceptable to one and all.

Robbie I'm not sure about a league I think it would be a logistics nightmare but a one off occasionally using this basis might just work.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• hi robbie

we have our summer dec through to feb but in some parts the high hot temps start as early as sep oct our winter is your summer haven't you ever noticed that you have a lot of aussies visiting at that time of the year we fly north to get away from the cold :D . in some parts of australia we only have two seasons dry and wet dry is from about may through to october and the wet season is the monsoon season and that is from about nov through to april this can change if we have a late cyclone.

hope this helps you out robbie just think while you are out in the country side in the lovely warm weather we are sittin indoors away from the cold as you go further down australia it gets colder and we do have snow as well in the snowy mountains.

cheers smokey

• hi arthur

your mid day suits me fine jsut let me know the date so i can make sure that i don't plan to do or go anywhere that day.

cheers smokey

ps hope that mrs c ,chester and hondo can make it aswell as some of the others

• Hi

How does this sound

:D GREAT BRITAIN & EUROPE

If everyone is happy the questions will be based on The Great John Wayne Puzzle and Quiz Book by Leonard Brideau.
    Some of my own
    and the ukltimate John Wayne Trivis Book by Alvin H Marill

In the event that this post does not mee the eye or is not conveniant then I propose Saturday 29th as an alternative.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Regards

Walk Tall - Talk Low